News of Ex Players

Well , well so that’s where our ex u23 goalkeeper Jindrich Stanek ended up , in goal for Czech Republic at the Euros.

Well that caught me by surprise.. .I normally know where our ex players are due to my love of football manager......but him ..nope, had no idea.

Thought he just drifted off into lower league obscurity.

Well that caught me by surprise.. .I normally know where our ex players are due to my love of football manager......but him ..nope, had no idea.

Thought he just drifted off into lower league obscurity.
Our goalkeepers of European origin particularly seem to drop off the radar. Pawel Zuk went into the lower leagues , maybe Zan-Luk Leban will work his way up to be Slovenia ‘s GK at the 28 or 32 Euros …..once we let him go!

IMG_4329.jpeg

Snake that he is...good luck in the future.
He wasn’t a snake,his contract was running out in the summer and Kenwright rather than offering him a new contract before the present one ran out said he would give him a new one when it finished, his agent jumped at the chance to let him be a free agent in the summer and he got a great deal off Newcastle, saving Newcastle having to pay the £3M we would have got for him and getting his client, Gosling a much better deal than he would have got.

I’ll remember him for that great goal v Liverpool in the FA cup, in the last few minutes while Benitez was writing down the name of his players for the penalty shoot out——the goal was missed on TV in some areas because of interference, his parents watching on TV missed it!

He wasn’t a snake,his contract was running out in the summer and Kenwright rather than offering him a new contract before the present one ran out said he would give him a new one when it finished, his agent jumped at the chance to let him be a free agent in the summer and he got a great deal off Newcastle, saving Newcastle having to pay the £3M we would have got for him and getting his client, Gosling a much better deal than he would have got.

I’ll remember him for that great goal v Liverpool in the FA cup, in the last few minutes while Benitez was writing down the name of his players for the penalty shoot out——the goal was missed on TV in some areas because of interference, his parents watching on TV missed it!
His agent jumped at the chance and he took it.