News of Ex Players

Barkley has always been a great player. This narrative that he is inconsistent always bothers me. He is an extremely talented footballer that since Roberto Martinez has been in teams run by inconsistent management. When played he is always a 7/10 and often better.

He got pushed out by Ronald Koeman after consistently being our best player for 2 years.

Barkley was brought in at Chelsea under Antonio Conte in Jan 2018, who was subsequently replaced in July 2018.

He then performed well in 18/19 under Maurizio Sarri with 8 goal contributions in the EPL and 3 in Europa.

Sarri was replaced that summer by Frank Lampard. Barkley contributed to 5 goals from 20 appearances in the EPL and 4 from 5 appearances in the FA Cup in the 19/20 season before being loaned to Aston Villa in the 20/21 season.

In Dean Smith's last full season at Aston Villa, Barkley started the season extremely well before suffering a hamstring injury in November which demoted him to only substitute appearances for the remainder of the season after returning to full fitness in February.

At the end of 21/22 Chelsea, under Thomas Tuchel, let Barkley's contract expire after 1 goal from 6 EPL appearances in that season in which he was a healthy reluctantly used fringe player throughout.

In 22/23 Barkley was picked up by Nice, under Lucien Favre who was then replaced by Didier Digard in January 2023. Barkley registered 6 goal contributions in 9 starts and 18 substitute appearances.

I think the lad is a top footballer and hate that his "best years" were so under utilized. I will never forgive Ronald Koeman.

you like him then mate

Barkley has always been a great player. This narrative that he is inconsistent always bothers me. He is an extremely talented footballer that since Roberto Martinez has been in teams run by inconsistent management. When played he is always a 7/10 and often better.

He got pushed out by Ronald Koeman after consistently being our best player for 2 years.

Barkley was brought in at Chelsea under Antonio Conte in Jan 2018, who was subsequently replaced in July 2018.

He then performed well in 18/19 under Maurizio Sarri with 8 goal contributions in the EPL and 3 in Europa.

Sarri was replaced that summer by Frank Lampard. Barkley contributed to 5 goals from 20 appearances in the EPL and 4 from 5 appearances in the FA Cup in the 19/20 season before being loaned to Aston Villa in the 20/21 season.

In Dean Smith's last full season at Aston Villa, Barkley started the season extremely well before suffering a hamstring injury in November which demoted him to only substitute appearances for the remainder of the season after returning to full fitness in February.

At the end of 21/22 Chelsea, under Thomas Tuchel, let Barkley's contract expire after 1 goal from 6 EPL appearances in that season in which he was a healthy reluctantly used fringe player throughout.

In 22/23 Barkley was picked up by Nice, under Lucien Favre who was then replaced by Didier Digard in January 2023. Barkley registered 6 goal contributions in 9 starts and 18 substitute appearances.

I think the lad is a top footballer and hate that his "best years" were so under utilized. I will never forgive Ronald Koeman.
Remember the time that lad chinned you on CTV cos you’d be perving on his Mrs

He's been awfully unlucky to have so many inconsistent managers and coaches in one life .......