Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

News of Ex Players

One of my heroes when I was a lad.
I remember him absolutely terrorising top defences as a teenager, I believe he was still a teenager for a good part of the 69-70 title season, when he scored 20 plus. If it hadn't been for a serious back injury he suffered, I think Joe would have scored more goals for us than Sharpe did.

I remember him absolutely terrorising top defences as a teenager, I believe he was still a teenager for a good part of the 69-70 title season, when he scored 20 plus. If it hadn't been for a serious back injury he suffered, I think Joe would have scored more goals for us than Sharpe did.
Exactly this mate, my outstanding memory of him was when he scored two when we beat the mighty Leeds at home 3-2.
I was with my grandad in the paddock right in the corner, I was hanging off the railings and had a great view.
We used to have to get in the ground early as my grandad only had one leg and had to find a crash barrier to lean on 🙂

Exactly this mate, my outstanding memory of him was when he scored two when we beat the mighty Leeds at home 3-2.
I was with my grandad in the paddock right in the corner, I was hanging off the railings and had a great view.
We used to have to get in the ground early as my grandad only had one leg and had to find a crash barrier to lean on 🙂
Happy days mate, I started going in 1962 and by 1970 I thought we would always be a top team, by God we saw some great football played through the 60's.

Nice one I will always remember the header of the bar from Joe & slight worry when they
Brought it back to 2-3

That header off the bar was an outstanding memory, when you think how good he was at such a young age.
He got tremendous stick when he replaced the GV though ...- I always knew he was going to make it - The Latch was disappointed to see him leave - they only paired up as a strike force 11 times .... he did well at City & won his England shirt back, ironically off the Latch .....

He got tremendous stick when he replaced the GV though ...- I always knew he was going to make it - The Latch was disappointed to see him leave - they only paired up as a strike force 11 times .... he did well at City & won his England shirt back, ironically off the Latch .....
Never as mobile after that back injury though Joey, but what he lost in mobility he gained in craft and know-how, allowing him to continue to do well at Bristol and Norwich.

Personally, I thought those few months before the injury were as good centre-forward play as I've seen.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back