Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I have seen so much news which was given as definite and which proved to be false that I still retain a healthy scepticism about all recent stories.

It quite probably will be Sam Allyrdyce and personally I can accept that.

However, looking at sites such as this would show that he would be a deeply unpopular appointment and I am sure the club have been taking stock of fans reactions to the various managers mentioned.
After so many weeks and twists and turns in the story it would not surprise me if we are not finished yet.

Why aren't Everton in for Tuchel by the way? Two former Dortmund bosses fighting it out for Merseyside supremacy. Not this season of course but who knows about next.

IMMINENT

Funny how this one word has been banded about for the past month with regard to all this manager appointment roller coaster!
Just to remind everyone (especially the illiterate, lying, click baiting media), this is the dictionary definition

im·mi·nent
ˈimənənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    about to happen.
    "they were in imminent danger of hiring Sam Allardyce"
    synonyms: impending, close (at hand), near, (fast) approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, just around the corner, coming down the pike, expected, anticipated, brewing, looming, threatening, menacing;
    informalin the cards
    "a new Everton manager was imminent"
We need to ban this word from all GOT posts relating to Everton Football Club's possible hiring of coaching and playing staff.
I would expect this to go into effect, imminently, I mean, eh, right away!

Why aren't Everton in for Tuchel by the way? Two former Dortmund bosses fighting it out for Merseyside supremacy. Not this season of course but who knows about next.

Evening United.

We probably have approached Tuchel, im sure he would rather stay on Bayerns shortlist than join us sadly.

Or take over the vermin if Plopp joins Bayern, either way, I can only assume he quickly jogged us on.

we have a distracted incompetent in charge. Anything is possible in the next few days, but the chances of it turning out well given his last 18 months of crashing buffoonery is not good

Dave I think you have this right. The only thingo Farhado seems to do wello is keep stumo!!! Marco is quiteo similaro to Paulo. He could'veo hado Fatto Samo ages ago

It's a massive leap backward and a very tough sell for a new owner to go from "Superstar manager" to Superdrug Manager.

He knows he cant get away with that. It is an almighty gamble he's been warned off once already.

Portuguese coach Paulo Fonseca of Shaktar Donetsk has been linked with the post in his native country although Portuguese sports daily A Bola today insisted that would not happen.

we have a distracted incompetent in charge. Anything is possible in the next few days, but the chances of it turning out well given his last 18 months of crashing buffoonery is not good
Fair point kev. But I refuse to believe he'd take that step beyond.

There are options. He will take one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back