Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a really bad move keeping sam, for next season. Witt only a year left on his contract, his sole purpose will be trying to get us as high as possible to get a new deal.
And why that’s not such a bad thing, I think it’s a risk. As he will target a number of older players 29/30 who are ready made to come straight into the team, with no thought of the future.

Will the likes of lookman and vlasic want out, Dowell and onyekuru will probably go back out on loan.

For me we need to probably write off next season. So a new young technically gifted manager can come in and build an exciting young team over the next 3/4 years, moving forward into the new stadium. It will take 2 or 3 windows to assess the squad and get rid of the dead wood, while implementing his style, buying players to fit that style. And giving youngsters game time so they can grow.
I think that regardless of who is managing Everton next season we will not see a team dominated by the young players from our academy.
They are not ready , some may never be, to push a team towards the top six or better.
The team will be made up of experienced senior players interspersed with young players as their form earns it or situations demand it.

Look at City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or even Liverpool how many academy players of 21 or under are regularly playing in their teams ?
Our young players are good, some better than others, but how many of then would play week after week in the top six teams named above ... and after all that is where we want to be.

What i actually want from our next manager is simple, a clean slate. No Walsh there, no expectancy on any players and no link to the past 18 months.

Have him come in, take the likes of Onykerwu/lookman/holgate/dowell (apparantly)/vlasic/walcott/davies/kenny/coleman/pickford and build a team around them and no-one else. I don't want a team of 20 year olds, i want actual talent to be played and used like a normal club. Sell or replace anyone who doesn't fit into the mould and go from there.

The issue we are going to have moving forward, and quote me on this in the future, is the following;

any new manager will be expected to make the transfer failures work in a team to lessen the impact of how many bad decisions are made. No matter who comes in, there is a list of players at the club who will be insisted on being kept and used simply for the amount of money spent on bringing them here. From Rooney to Williams to Siggurdson to Klassen. They will be expected to shape what we already have instead of being able to form their own team.

That will be our downfall because i cannot see the club writing off so many new players when we all know they should. There are very few players i would want to keep here for absolute experience (jags, baines, rooney) but there is plenty i would like to see leave and replaced as a new leaf.

Because that is what we need, a clean slate. If we are lining up with similar players come august then there won't be any optimism at the club anymore, it will all be dead. However no walsh, new manager, new formed team with 7-8 players at least gone out the club who aren't good enough? That will spark enough interest from the fans to renew optimism and get behind the new team.

I think that regardless of who is managing Everton next season we will not see a team dominated by the young players from our academy.
They are not ready , some may never be, to push a team towards the top six or better.
The team will be made up of experienced senior players interspersed with young players as their form earns it or situations demand it.

Look at City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or even Liverpool how many academy players of 21 or under are regularly playing in their teams ?
Our young players are good, some better than others, but how many of then would play week after week in the top six teams named above ... and after all that is where we want to be.
I didn’t say we should have a team full of youngsters, I said we need to build a team over the next few years. And give these youngsters SOME game time. Obviously like you said some hopefully will be good enough for the first team. And the ones that aren’t will be moved on.

While we have got money now, I doubt we will ever have the money to compete with city, Utd Chelsea. So buying good young players like lookman, vlasic, Gibson and bringing are own through. Is going to be so important moving forward and hopefully helping us compete with the top 6.

What i actually want from our next manager is simple, a clean slate. No Walsh there, no expectancy on any players and no link to the past 18 months.

Have him come in, take the likes of Onykerwu/lookman/holgate/dowell (apparantly)/vlasic/walcott/davies/kenny/coleman/pickford and build a team around them and no-one else. I don't want a team of 20 year olds, i want actual talent to be played and used like a normal club. Sell or replace anyone who doesn't fit into the mould and go from there.

The issue we are going to have moving forward, and quote me on this in the future, is the following;

any new manager will be expected to make the transfer failures work in a team to lessen the impact of how many bad decisions are made. No matter who comes in, there is a list of players at the club who will be insisted on being kept and used simply for the amount of money spent on bringing them here. From Rooney to Williams to Siggurdson to Klassen. They will be expected to shape what we already have instead of being able to form their own team.

That will be our downfall because i cannot see the club writing off so many new players when we all know they should. There are very few players i would want to keep here for absolute experience (jags, baines, rooney) but there is plenty i would like to see leave and replaced as a new leaf.

Because that is what we need, a clean slate. If we are lining up with similar players come august then there won't be any optimism at the club anymore, it will all be dead. However no walsh, new manager, new formed team with 7-8 players at least gone out the club who aren't good enough? That will spark enough interest from the fans to renew optimism and get behind the new team.

Kindly leave the thread, far too much sense in that post x

I think it needs to be Silva.
Weather you or i think it is the right decision is irelevant.
We went all out to get get him mid season, what would it say about knee jerk apointments if that now he is availible we are not interested, purely on the basis he lost a few games at watford.

I live in hope that we have a plan, and if that plan was silva and the board want a manager they can back, then the guy they were willing to pay £15million for 3 months ago needsto be the no.1 target

Silva, it was purely on the basis he won a few games at watford that we showed interest, a grand total of 8, pathetic really if that's all you need to do to qualify for Everton. It was going to be nothing more then a hopeful quick fix, we have now had months to think about this, if the board still think SIlva is the man we really are in a mess.

I don't think Sam is enjoying this, he was retired when we managed to convince him to come. I reckon he will leave mutually at the end of the season, with less of a pay off than if he had been given the boot so as to carry on his retirement.

Been saying this now for a few weeks. I think he thought he could have a decent go at it but is getting his fingers burned badly.

His style is very outdated and he'll leave with his reputation largely intact (not including Evertonians)

Been saying this now for a few weeks. I think he thought he could have a decent go at it but is getting his fingers burned badly.

His style is very outdated and he'll leave with his reputation largely intact (not including Evertonians)
Sad times when even Sam Allardyce thinks your club is a lost cause

If Big Sam is here next season sadly my interest will wane. I'll always support the club but I can't support what is a dead end under him.

Problem is that no one at Everton care if we keep giving them full attendances. Not that long ago poor performances were reflected by dwindling gates. Now mediocrity results in huge demand for tickets. People just need to stop going.

Problem is that no one at Everton care if we keep giving them full attendances. Not that long ago poor performances were reflected by dwindling gates. Now mediocrity results in huge demand for tickets. People just need to stop going.

They wouldnt care, the money from the gate isnt that big these days, its all about TV money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back