Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just been in the barbers (yes, I may be a fat whacker but I’ve still got hair on me bonce) and all the talk was of Rooney becoming player manager.

Ala king Kenny at the RS.

He has done at interview with Carragher saying he wants to become Everton boss eventually.

Starting coaching our U14 team this year.

Yeah I know what you mean.

Personally I don't really have any issue with the way Moyes spent money. I think even the Lescott money was only really wasted on Bilyaletdinov - Distin was pretty much a perfect replacement and Heitinga was (I think?) player of the year in one of his seasons here. The season after we finished 4th was a difficult one, because the entire club was clearly totally unprepared for what happened after years of battling relegation. He tried to change too much too soon, and it backfired. I think he learnt from that and it's one of the reasons he was quite cautious in the market after that.

I wouldn't want Moyes back, he had his chance and he's burnt his bridges. He's a very good manager though, and our struggles over the last few years highlight just how well he did for us.

agreed mate

still, id have paid 9mil now to see his goal v man utd and Portsmouth

in fact having to check who the cracker was against then (p'mouth) his stats don't actually seem as bad as at the time, played 50 odd games scored 8 goals and id imagine a similar number of assists,

I think he was just utilised completely wrong, this was before "number 10" was as big a thing as now, and he seemed a perfect 10, and moyes played him left wing, and the one game he put him in the middle it was a traditional centre mid, and then I remember him having the cheek to say something like "the fans want him in the middle well there ya go he wasn't very good"

but anyway, off on a tangent I went there

agreed mate

still, id have paid 9mil now to see his goal v man utd and Portsmouth

in fact having to check who the cracker was against then (p'mouth) his stats don't actually seem as bad as at the time, played 50 odd games scored 8 goals and id imagine a similar number of assists,

I think he was just utilised completely wrong, this was before "number 10" was as big a thing as now, and he seemed a perfect 10, and moyes played him left wing, and the one game he put him in the middle it was a traditional centre mid, and then I remember him having the cheek to say something like "the fans want him in the middle well there ya go he wasn't very good"

but anyway, off on a tangent I went there

I remember he started off with two lovely assists in 4-0 against AEK Athens (i think). His total record for Everton in all competitions was 77 games, 9 goals and 12 assists. (most of those goals were probably nominated for goal of the season at one stage or another ;) )

I remember he started off with two lovely assists in 4-0 against AEK Athens (i think). His total record for Everton in all competitions was 77 games, 9 goals and 12 assists. (most of those goals were probably nominated for goal of the season at one stage or another ;) )

to be fair I think both them assists where corners haha

what I saw was just the league games, it was 58 games 8 goals, so he must have scored 1 in 19 games in other comps

not that bad when you think he wasn't being utilised fully

to be fair I think both them assists where corners haha

what I saw was just the league games, it was 58 games 8 goals, so he must have scored 1 in 19 games in other comps

not that bad when you think he wasn't being utilised fully

That's what I thought alright, just wasn't 100% sure. If I recall correctly they were from opposite corner flags too.

James Beattie

Beattie was crap, but Moyes expected him to chase long balls like Marcus Bent did.

Beattie was wholly unsuited to that role, as he was more of a traditional centre forward.

Moyes has to take a lot of the blame for Beattie being a dud.

It was embarrassing watching him trying to leg after the ball as it was hoofed up to him, as he just didn`t have the legs or the pace.

Come to think of it, isn`t this what fat head expects of Tosun :eek:

No chance he says imo. Why only give him an 18month deal?. So moshiri gives him 60/70 mil to spend in the summer. And what happens in Jan, if we are mid table let him see out the rest of season? Or give him a new 3yr deal.

There is no way we can build for the future with a manger having a year left on his contract. He was given 18months as a compromise, don’t forget moshiri had already been in touch with Sam, but couldn’t agree a deal and that’s got to be down to a disagreement on the length of the contract. And that’s why moshiri stared to look elsewhere.
But, if he is only here for five months why give him nearly 60m to spend in January ?

Beattie was crap, but Moyes expected him to chase long balls like Marcus Bent did.

Beattie was wholly unsuited to that role, as he was more of a traditional centre forward.

Moyes has to take a lot of the blame for Beattie being a dud.

It was embarrassing watching him trying to leg after the ball as it was hoofed up to him, as he just didn`t have the legs or the pace.

Come to think of it, isn`t this what fat head expects of Tosun :eek:
Might explain why he head butted someone from behind lol

Has he done any of the required coaching courses??

https://m.thepfa.com/coaching/courses/qualifications
I would imagine that a football legend like Rooney could be fast tracked though the necessary courses and badges if needed.

I can't help but feel that we may see a situation where the next manager is brought in to work with somebody like Sam before replacing him at some future date with the older man overseeing the situation for some time.

So, Rooney comes in as assistant to Sam in May and works with him in season 2018/2019 and he takes control in season 2019/20 with Sam as general manager and fading out gradually as the new manager takes more control.
I use Rooney as an example because he has been mentioned already by others but I think after the experiences with Martinez, Koeman and Unsworth ? and the debacle with Silva the next manager will be very carefully considered and I could see a situation with a younger coach working with an older more experienced head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back