Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly - clubs like Chelsea/Arsenal dont take on the likes of Fonesca they take on the likes of proven title/champions league winning managers like Simeone, Zidane, Conte, Ancelotti etc.

We wont be able to attract the likes of Simeone/Ancelotti/Conte however we can certainly attract the likes of Emery/Fonesca imo. Tuchel for me has been told he has a job in the summer already.

Chelseas best manager in their history was a fella from Portugal, with no Premier League experience, Arsenals best manager in their history was a fella from France, with no Premier League experience.

Chelseas best manager in their history was a fella from Portugal, with no Premier League experience, Arsenals best manager in their history was a fella from France, with no Premier League experience.

Nothing to do with prem experience its more to do with the calibre of manager. Chelsea appointed Mourinho who had just won the champions league with Porto. Arsenal/Wenger was from a totally different era to what we are in now.

I would eat my hat if Chelsea/Arsenal go anywhere near Fonesca when you have the likes of Ancelotti, Simeone, Tuchel, Luis Enrique etc out of work and/or available.

Chelsea know full well why take the chance on appointing Fonesca - him do a De Boer and lose his first 5 games, them miss out on the gold pot of CL football at the end of the season and all the revenue/lure it brings when they could appoint quick fix Ancelotti - finish top 4 and win a pot along the way and let little old EFC take the chance on Paulo and if he flops a bullet dodged, or if he gets us top 6 they'll flash their big todger at him and he'll be off to them as is football.

Its the exact same with players - Kante, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Fellaini etc all could have been picked up by the top sides but they by large wait for the middle pack like us/Southampton/Leicister take a chance and if they do well they take them off us. Its a foodchain and its always been that way apart from stand out world class talents like Ronaldo, Messi etc.

Reactions: Han

Wenger: no, no, no....we dont want a man who's won three trophies in the last 4 seasons. Our standards are MUCH higher than that.

Lol.

Wenger is 5 million steps above what we've had in a long time.

I don't think he would come to us in a million years. It's gone stale at Arsenal but can you imagine taking longer than 5 seconds to confirm you would take Wenger over Allardyce lol

Wenger is 5 million steps above what we've had in a long time.

I don't think he would come to us in a million years. It's gone stale at Arsenal but can you imagine taking longer than 5 seconds to confirm you would take Wenger over Allardyce lol

Was actually thinking earlier that he would get mentioned sooner or later. Certainly have us playing good football. Think he knows he needs to move on and there would be no bigger challenge than the mess that is efc

Are people seriously considering Wenger? The fella that's masterminded the biggest group of bottle jobs in the PL?

Everyone complaining about our squad being spineless and lacking fight. Not winning vs top 6. Wenger's hardly going to solve that is he? Never mind with a squad full of technically poor footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back