Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Dyche will make an announcement tomorrow, saying he's not going anywhere and he's got unfinished business at Burnley.
But actually means it..unlike Koeman.

All the Dominic King article is saying is that Dyche is overwhelming favourite...with the bookies...and he is.

Based on the names mentioned by Telegraph/Mail etc thus far my list would be:

Tuchel
Ancelotti
Silva
Dyche
Unsworth
Wagner

Dyche would at least make us work hard and look like an actual team rather than a bunch of random players. Just got a feeling it’s gonna be him.

The problem I have with Dyche is that he's completely unproven with the quality of attacking players we have. Albeit they're all a bit naff right now!

I don't doubt he could sort our defence out and play the same back 4 every week! But would he be able to get us scoring goals ... I just don't see it.

I think he'd be a good choice if we'd had a poorish season last year under Koeman, rather than just a few games towards the end. Right now though he isn't what we need, he's in the Moyes mould from back in the day when we were struggling.

We need a manager who will get our attacking players firing.

I did the maths. 1 v good season + 1 poor season + 1 crap season is better than 1 ok season + sacked after 9 games with the team in the bottom 3

Solid equation. Indisputable.

Hopefully the next guy can outdo both even before this season is out.
Did you allow for where the club was on 1st day of the job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back