Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to assume this simeone talk has some substance and not just complete jarg air filler to promote the club but ultimately lead to nothing.

Last year we were after witsel Mata and berhimi and ended up shopping at the bottom of the league and lower . We are probably hiring a manager most of us actually don't want but the space is now being filled with crazy unobtainable managers. We failed to replace lukaku but allegedly bid 60 million for Cavani/costa?

You see there is a pattern emerging, and in terms of paying a manager don't you think we are overpaying? Koeman one of the highest paid managers yet nothing warranted it? Literally meant he came here for the money rather than any real ambition. The manager wasn't backed either financially, or at least not by the board. We can't spend 100 million next summer because we can't sell anyone to get that amount, we are sell to buy whether we like it or not. We have just ran out of players to sell now.

The point is , what the club is compared to what is perceived is like black and white. We are big spenders who want the best we can get now and have loads of ambition. Whereas as a fan perspective I see sell to buy, crap manager appointments (in hindsight) and the complete opposite of ambition. Even now this 4 week wait for manager is completely mad from the club considering how quickly other clubs have moved to do their business.

So I don't believe moshiri is aiming for a simeone level manager now, it's clearly dyche or allardyce whether we like it or not. Except until we offer one the job, it appears we have chased higher quality managers and just not got the deals done, sound familiar?

I just don't see it like this.

Mosh wants a top manager, bet cannot get one until the summer it would seem. The delay at present is whether to stick with DU until then or get fatty in until then. I would imagine if we had done better under DU there would be no mention of Sam, the problem is unsworth is such a risk.
IMO he will get 2/3 more games ,if we do well he gets it until summer if we don't Sam will step in

I just don't see it like this.

Mosh wants a top manager, bet cannot get one until the summer it would seem. The delay at present is whether to stick with DU until then or get fatty in until then. I would imagine if we had done better under DU there would be no mention of Sam, the problem is unsworth is such a risk.
IMO he will get 2/3 more games ,if we do well he gets it until summer if we don't Sam will step in

I think giving Unsworth another couple of games would be a huge risk , if cleverly gets his penalty on target it’s not even a discussion .

Worrying lack of concrete news so far, I was hoping we'd have a clear replacement lined up by the time we pulled the trigger and sacked Ronald.

We should be running the club more like Saints in regards to managerial appointments – keep a constant list of possible gaffers (and players too, i suppose) to replace what we've got in case things don't work. Saints lost Pochettino, lined up Koeman immediately. Lost Koeman, quickly had Puel signed up to replace him. Sacked Puel, snagged Pellegrino. That's something that the board should take responsibility for, and planning ahead like that is crucial in this league. We don't want to be stranded with a caretaker for months only to get Big Sam because we were complacent and weren't prepared for something like this.

Sorry mate, but if we were told the truth or if we knew they weren't full of lies we would think differently but they don't so why should we believe this media PR stunt because that's all it is.

Us as fans are ambitious and want the best and deserve the best. The board have other ideas . They're the sole reason we stand still.
But that isn't really true is it.

The level of money spent by the club during the summer would be completely unimaginable as little as three years ago.

The stadium is progressing in spite of people trying to pretend that it isn't.

Everton is a different club now and is behaving like one of the big beasts...how well the money is being spent is a different question.

I think giving Unsworth another couple of games would be a huge risk , if cleverly gets his penalty on target it’s not even a discussion .

Yeh,I actually totally agree, the next few games are winnable and, if he has installed some belief as we saw second half, it may work. If it goes wrong though, we are another step nearer trouble. Difficult decisions ahead.

qKCuHQz.gif

But that isn't really true is it.

The level of money spent by the club during the summer would be completely unimaginable as little as three years ago.

The stadium is progressing in spite of people trying to pretend that it isn't.

Everton is a different club now and is behaving like one of the big beasts...how well the money is being spent is a different question.
It's £30m net spend - peanuts in today's transfer mkt.

The summer transfer window was a farce, and the wrong man was fired as a result.

Rewind 12 months and if someone had said that Everton would sell Lukaku and not replace him, and then sack Koeman and bring in Allardyce you would not have believed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back