Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conte is clinging on to his job at Stamford Bridge by the skin of his teeth following Monday night’s 4-1 defeat at Watford.

Express Sport understands the Italian will be in charge when the reigning Premier League champions host West Brom next week after refusing to resign.

Former Barcelona boss Luis Enrique has emerged as the favourite to replace Conte when the axe does fall.

But, according to the Daily Mail, Tuchel is an alternative target for Chelsea.

The 44-year-old German has been out of work since being fired by Dortmund last May.

Tuchel spent two seasons with the Bundesliga giants but only picked up the DFB-Pokal during his reign.

Chelsea insist they have not approached any candidates about the potential vacancy.

No idea mate.
Think when Liverpool sacked Benitez, Inter were lining him up. Benitez was owed some huge compo from Liverpool, but wouldn’t have got it if he went to Inter.

I think it was something along them lines. Could be the case with Silva, as you say.

Hopefully it’s he same with us not having to pay Fat Head off, with him getting the Netherlands job.

Think when Liverpool sacked Benitez, Inter were lining him up. Benitez was owed some huge compo from Liverpool, but wouldn’t have got it if he went to Inter.

I think it was something along them lines. Could be the case with Silva, as you say.

Hopefully it’s he same with us not having to pay Fat Head off, with him getting the Netherlands job.
I think he got some compo and gave it to the Justice for the 96 campaign. About the only decent thing the odious get has ever done I think.

Conte is clinging on to his job at Stamford Bridge by the skin of his teeth following Monday night’s 4-1 defeat at Watford.

Express Sport understands the Italian will be in charge when the reigning Premier League champions host West Brom next week after refusing to resign.

Former Barcelona boss Luis Enrique has emerged as the favourite to replace Conte when the axe does fall.

But, according to the Daily Mail, Tuchel is an alternative target for Chelsea.

The 44-year-old German has been out of work since being fired by Dortmund last May.

Tuchel spent two seasons with the Bundesliga giants but only picked up the DFB-Pokal during his reign.

Chelsea insist they have not approached any candidates about the potential vacancy.
That would be the shortest mangerial reign ever. Tuchel doesn't do well with interference from up top, so i doubt very much that he would get on with Roman and that new chief exec that they have got.

I don't get the Silva shouts. He has no idea how to set up a defense, the only team taht had allowed more goals than there was Stoke at the time.

I don't want another manager (or 2-4) that has no idea how to get the defense to simply defend.

I don't get the Silva shouts. He has no idea how to set up a defense, the only team taht had allowed more goals than there was Stoke at the time.

I don't want another manager (or 2-4) that has no idea how to get the defense to simply defend.

It was desperation because we looked so bad under Koeman, now we have picked up a few points and climbed a few places its crazy people are still bringing his name up.

With silva and fonseca (rumours before and after koeman) both free i would like to think we will be looking at bringing somebody new in, start with a new team in place which includes moving walsh and bringing in an experienced dof

Before he made his name at Juventus, Conte was relegated from Serie B and was sacked from Atalanta. They actually took him from Siena which was a second division club at the time.

Simeone didn't set the world alight at Catania.

Leonardo Jardim couldn't win the league in Portugal or Greece.

Pochettino was sacked from Espanyol and left them when they were dead last in the table. And at Southampton he achieved an 8th place finish.

Klopp was a second division coach (after he relegated Mainz) when Borussia took a gamble on him.

Ernesto Valverde won titles only in Greece and was sacked from Villarreal.

Maurizio Sarri never won anything in his carreer and he was a manager of 18 clubs.

Allegri before joining Milan was sacked from Cagliari.

Guess they were all poor choices before they join clubs where they made a breakthrough.

I'd bookmark that post tbh, could use that many times in the future.

I don't want Moyes back, but for me a manager who doesn't see having to recruit 5/6/7 players for huge cost would be a big step forward.

Recruitment will be tricky this summer, with a world cup and a shortened window. I'd love a manager to come in, and day 1 say to all of the players, forget whats gone on before you will all get a chance. We have not signed awful players, just a lot of players who either didn't fit a system, or often players who have fallen by the way side with managers unwilling to compromise to try and hep them.

For me we should get a left back in and I'm willing to give the rest of them another chance, and hopefully integrate Connolly, Dowell, Williams and Onyekuru to the group.

I always remember the story of Royle with Limpar (who was getting stick akin to Schneiderlin does today) and Limpar said hello to Royle, that everyone hated him and thought he was rubbish and he'd be hearing from his agent to sort out a transfer. Royal told him he didn't think he was rubbish, wasn't bothered what other people felt and that he felt he had an important part to play. The rest is history. I think we need a bit more of that.

We desperately need centre backs though. We do hhave a good squad but jags and Williams are finished. Think we also need a top top striker

I'd bookmark that post tbh, could use that many times in the future.

We desperately need centre backs though. We do hhave a good squad but jags and Williams are finished. Think we also need a top top striker
At leat one midfielder to. We are very poor in the area of the team. And while I agree with @catcherintherye about not buying 6 or 7 new players, we definitely need more than just a left back.

Davy Moyes coming back in the summer.

It’s the big news in my local tea room this morning.

I’m sure you didn’t hear it first here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back