Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find it bizarre that there are rumors about players or coaches being bought when there are also rumors about a new DofF. That shows you what a joke they are.

I was all for team fonesca but im actually starting to feel like Moshiri needs to double his manager salary and appoint an Ancelotti type manager - someone who is renowned for winning trophies and could send a message out that Everton want to win trophies.

Koeman
Alladyce
Fonesca?

All for me are gamble appointments whereas you look at the kopites and they had been the same appointing gambles like Woy and Rodgers before going for Klopp who everyone knew would do a decent job.

If we get Fonesca I'll be happy as he seems to play good football and could prove a success however he could also be another De Boer who is good in the B leagues but come here and flop and we end up back in the merry go round of sacking a manager.

For me I think Moshiri needs to realise the value of money is not paying off average managers and gambles and instead list the big name managers out there who are potentially available:

Ancelotti
Emery
Jardim
Simeone?
Conte

Throw a £10-12 million wage packet at them and give themthe transfer kitty to have us up there - this is only the sure fireway of creating a top 7.

Unfortunately if we dont act fast we'll either fall too far back from top 6 or a club like Wolves who have the contacts in football and a bit of cash on the hip will pip us to it.

Last edited:
I was all for team fonesca but im actually starting to feel like Moshiri needs to double his manager salary and appoint an Ancelotti type manager - someone who is renowned for winning trophies and could send a message out that Everton want to win trophies.

Koeman
Alladyce
Fonesca?

All for me are gamble appointments whereas you look at the kopites and they had been the same appointing gambles like Woy and Rodgers before going for Klopp who everyone knew would do a decent job.

If we get Fonesca I'll be happy as he seems to play good football and could prove a success however he could also be another De Boer who is good in the B leagues but come here and flop and we end up back in the merry go round of sacking a manager.

For me I think Moshiri needs to realise the value of money is not paying off average managers and gambles and instead list the big name managers out there who are potentially available:

Ancelotti
Emery
Simeone?
Conte

Throw a £10-12 million wage packet at them and give themthe transfer kitty to have us up there - this is only the sure fireway of creating a top 7.

Unfortunately if we dont act fast we'll either fall too far back from top 6 or a club like Wolves who have the contacts in football and a bit of cash on the hip will pip us to it.

None of the 4 you mentioned would come here regardless of the contract we offered them. They’re all insanely rich men and maybe, just maybe, they’re actually interested in managing a club that can win stuff and write their name in the history books.

Being Everton manager doesn’t really leave a glowing entry in their Wikipedia page.

None of the 4 you mentioned would come here regardless of the contract we offered them. They’re all insanely rich men and maybe, just maybe, they’re actually interested in managing a club that can win stuff and write their name in the history books.

Being Everton manager doesn’t really leave a glowing entry in their Wikipedia page.

But neither was being Man City manager until the managers there were earning fat wedges and given a large transfer budget.

Its a long shot but I like many other Blues laughed when the RS where sat in 9th post Rodgers with the likes of Ricky Lambert in the starting 11 and where chasing Klopp and Ancelotti

"No chance either will go there they'll go to a Bayern, Real Madrid"

"They won't want to join a side who sell a top player every year or so to fund transfers"

"They dont want a project they want instant success"

Then low and behold they bagged Klopp - similarly people couldn't beleive champion's league winner Benitez went to Newcastle and stayed with them after relegation.

My point is its very easy to be pessimistic and not aim for the cream of the crop on the basis of "nah lad that bird at the bar is out of my league"

2 things we need to do:

1. Double our already generous wage packet to actually pay alot higher than most clubs in world football

2. Give the promise of a big transfer kitty

We already have a reputation in the media of spending big so alot of managers would be looking at that and managing in the prem as being an attractive proposition.

But neither was being Man City manager until the managers there were earning fat wedges and given a large transfer budget.

Its a long shot but I like many other Blues laughed when the RS where sat in 9th post Rodgers with the likes of Ricky Lambert in the starting 11 and where chasing Klopp and Ancelotti

"No chance either will go there they'll go to a Bayern, Real Madrid"

"They won't want to join a side who sell a top player every year or so to fund transfers"

"They dont want a project they want instant success"

Then low and behold they bagged Klopp - similarly people couldn't beleive champion's league winner Benitez went to Newcastle and stayed with them after relegation.

My point is its very easy to be pessimistic and not aim for the cream of the crop on the basis of "nah lad that bird at the bar is out of my league"

2 things we need to do:

1. Double our already generous wage packet to actually pay alot higher than most clubs in world football

2. Give the promise of a big transfer kitty

We already have a reputation in the media of spending big so alot of managers would be looking at that and managing in the prem as being an attractive proposition.

Sorry but Klopp really isn’t that good but regardless, Liverpool were renowned as CL regularly for the most part.

Benitez? Sure he’s good but he didn’t exactly except the few years before Newcastle did he.

In what universe would someone make the next step after PSG, Atletico, Chelsea etc. mid-table Everton football club.

Our fans need a smack of realism.

Koeman
Alladyce
Fonesca?

Ancelotti
Emery
Jardim
Simeone?
Conte

Only 2 types of people can really think any of the names you mention would come to us, wums and deluded people who haven't got a clue about football, which are you, judging by your username I don't need to guess

Only 2 types of people can really think any of the names you mention would come to us, wums and deluded people who haven't got a clue about football, which are you, judging by your username I don't need to guess

Okay mate be happy us plodding along sackimg maanger after manager spending millions after millions.

You know 2 clubs who excelled in that? Aston Villa and Sunderland.

At some point the club needs to grow a pair of bollox and target a manager who can push us up the table. Conte, Simeone, Ancelotti yes they would be very hard to attract but Emery, Jardim, Nagelsmann, Mancini etc your telling me we seriously couldnt attract those types of managers with the finances we have been spending on wages and players?

We are one of the best paying and highest spending clubs in EUROPE. We are also playing in the top league in football where the majority of the top clubs already have managers and vacancies are short.

Stand upright and stop being fed the guff of "Everton are only good enough to attract Fat Sam" that the media love spouting.

Silva relegated
Dyche not done anymore than Allardyce
Rhino did worse than Allardyce
Tuchel most likely Chelsea bound

Since Allardyce took over, Everton is 6th on points (if it started when he took over). Where should Everton be based on our squad? I wouldn't say Champions League spots as we are miles behind Liverpool, City, Utd etc. Even the Gunners tore us apart.

So unless we get Fonseca (who tbh I don't know much about), Hiddink or Simeone - we're replacing Allardyce for the sake of replacing him. He has definitely improved us by a mile from Koeman. Signings have been good so far. Seems to have got a lot of our players battling for the team at last.

I'd give him another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back