Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes didn't fancy the total car crash that is Villa and I don't blame him, as there'll be massive expectation to return to the PL at the first time of asking, that if he failed to deliver would have smashed his reputation to pieces.

Sure he fancies the Everton job, why wouldn't he? It doesn't mean he's got any realistic chance of getting it.

He'll sit the summer out no doubt being a pundit at the Euro's and he'll await the first round of PL sackings next autumn imo.

This is basically it. Option 1 he rejected Villa because it's a poisoned chalice. Option 2 he rejected Villa because he may get to meet with Everton. Neither eventuality mean he's a shoe in for the job.

This is basically it. Option 1 he rejected Villa because it's a poisoned chalice. Option 2 he rejected Villa because he may get to meet with Everton. Neither eventuality mean he's a shoe in for the job.

The story goes according to my Villa mate who works for a local paper in that part of the country - Moyes wanted assurances about 1) budget 2) the staff he could bring and 3) Budgets if they don't get promoted.

He didnt get the answers he wanted. Its got something dodgy like Carson Yeung written all over it in my opinion, reckon they will nose dive.

They are stalling. They must be going for the main man.

Vítor Pereira

It's on.Oh lord this is really happening.

Well,apart from that not Moyes.

From another forum...(pinch of salt etc)

I was told last night.
We interviewed Pellegrini, did not really impress
We interviewed Moyes, but he is 3rd or 4th in the queue
We expect to interview Emery, he may now be the most likely
We are waiting for a yes/no from Koeman before approaching Southampton but feeling is will be no - he is preferred candidate so trying very hard to convince him
We will interview De Boer if we cannot get Koeman & are not sure on Emery
We will appoint a Director of Football

If this true, why would we even offer Moyes an interview

It's beginning to feel a bit like a circus act.

Think it's sensible to expect a new manager in place at the latest of 8th June which is two weeks away.

I know things happen quickly in football but at the moment , from the outside, it feels like a lot would need to happen to make that happen I.e manager in place for start of Euros.

Emery first choice still for me. Ihaven't heard anything definite to say he isn't coming....si I still believe.

Pellegrini with Rhino as assistant for a three year period with the intention that maybe Rhino eventually takes the top job, I could live with that.

Koeman and Rhino, fine with that too.

I think we need to keep Unsworth at the club. We heard a couple of weeks ago that he is ambitious to get into management, as with Alan Irvine, sooner or later a club will recognise the job he has done at Everton and offer him a managers job elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back