Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And all de boers done as a manager is win the eredivise with ajax as well while getting beaten out by cocu the last two seasons
I think we should swerve all the Dutchies mate, De Boer included. If you twist me arm I'd go Cocu. He seems the quiet broody type I like that in a manager.

Not really - they both achieved nothing, albeit over a shorter time frame for Koeman .

63 points = less than Moyes best tally. Still pretty empty achievement

The Erdivise is pretty much Koemans only major honours and sure even McClaren won that. McClaren even won it with an unfancied team, not your Ajax and PSV. Koeman has what then, a Charity shield from Portugal and the Copa Del Rey and that was eight years ago and done nout since. He's the Dutch Moyes imo.

I'VE BET ON HIM TO COME TO US OKAY I'M CONVINCING MYSELF IT SHOULD HAPPEN

Seriously though, you can scoff at what he's won but it's a hell of a lot more than Moyes, even if it is only the Dutch league. It's still 3 titles, and a couple of cups elsewhere. He has experience of winning, as a manager and as a player. It's more than De Boer's won too, and he has much more experience than De Boer, who is very popular in the poll.

Seriously though, you can scoff at what he's won but it's a hell of a lot more than Moyes, even if it is only the Dutch league. It's still 3 titles, and a couple of cups elsewhere. He has experience of winning, as a manager and as a player. It's more than De Boer's won too, and he has much more experience than De Boer, who is very popular in the poll.
Ah if you've money on him then have at it mate. KOEMAN IN.

I agree he's not the best but he's been unlucky injuries wise especially aguero every season. They'd of been more convincing champions if he'd of been fit all season plus this season he's had his back bone out most of it kompany, silva, aguero and the fact pep signed. He did sign de Bruyne

who didn't know bruyne was class act though? Even my blind dog could see that.

I'm not saying Koeman's amazing, but you're comparing a winner to a loser at the end of the day. Koeman's also had 2 years in the job compared to Moyes' 10, who knows what he could achieve with another 8 years at Southampton (if their board start showing a bit of ambition)? Ultimately Moyes' underdog mentality held him and us back. I don't think we'd have that problem with Koeman.

Both likely to leave in 2 years anyway, just see pelligrini doing better in them 2 years. Done well with Villarreal and Malaga to get them to champions league final stages and don't think we're dis similar to them 2 teams and we have money. Think he could take us to the European places and then we can look for a top manager

My ability to pay rent also depends on this outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back