Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, a few were. I was involved in those discussions.

However, the band wagon has gotten crowded in the last few weeks...

My main doubt with Emery is I don't know if he's the right manager to make the most of this 'young' squad we have now.

He's a great manager to operate on a shoestring budget and find bargains in the market. But we've had one of those... He's not great with youth players, though by no means does that mean he won't play them. However, would he build up on the momentum and potential of the likes of Barkley, Del (already had troubles last season, albeit down to both parties), Davies, Stones, Rom (probably will have left), Besic etc etc...

That is my question mark over him. Which I have been saying for a few weeks now.
You make a valid argument and voice your concerns constructively, however the same could be levelled at mourinho. Some supporters on here didn't want mourinho (was of the most successful managers of the modern era) for the same reason. At the end of the day, I and all Everton fans want a successful, driven manager with a winning mentality to take this team forward. With moshiri's vision comes higher expectation, not only in the boardroom but in every aspect of the club. If Tom Davies, Pennington, Kieran Dowell etc are good enough they will be selected. However a manager of emery's stature and knowledge, will hopefully bring a higher calibre of player to the club. That can only be a good thing, these young lads will learn from top quality players and raise their game and standards to hopefully join them in the first team, if they don't they won't make the first team. I can't see recent title winning sides with an abundance of youth in their sides. Harsh but that's a fact. Let's hope we can buck the trend with the youth within our academy and be successful with a core of home grown talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back