Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression the rules were that you could only make a loss of £5m across a set period with a cap on annual contributions to the figure by owners of about £35-40m per season? Have the rules been loosened?

Either way I can't see us spending £100m net, I'm expecting the £65m from Lukaku to be spent plus about £50m net

Even if you're right that will be a tad more than the -£22m net Southampton have spent.

Koeman and a dof represent a rebuild job at the club.

Think we all can agree there needs to be a squad rebuild now, and if the maximum we get from koeman is top 6 then bloody fantastic. We will be a strong team again, have some decent players and be in a prime position in the future to let him go his way and have both the ambition and foundation for the future and better manager again.

I want emery first choice by all means, but koeman isn't a bad second choice to pick up the pieces Martinez smashed against the wall.

...astonishing isn't it though, that some are still bemoaning the fact RON K could be appointed...or FDB, or EMERY, or MP.

How quick we forget the market for the last manager search & the ilk of clientele we aimed at.

Pfff....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2322056/Malky-Mackay-new-Everton-manager.html

hahahaha lol

That only works for a while before you get account closures with most bookies. They flag it up real quickly these days.

Genuinely though it's nothing more complicated than backing high and laying at low prices and taking the profit in the middle. Really trying to study tennis trading at the moment, T20 was lovely too
I know only too well mate, I'm £25 restricted in literally every Coral shop within a 20 mile radius of my house and barred from all Hills and Lads :blush:

A benefit of getting Koeman will be the reaction of the Southampton fans, a lot of whom seem to think finishing 7th makes them comparable to us. Southampton lol

Hopefully it would send them in to a spiral, back to the lower leagues where they belong ;) They will inevitably end up back there at some point, like the rest of these yo-yo outfits.

Caveat - Knowing Everton, it could all still go wrong :cheers:

Maybe there was no answer/deliberating, then he turned it down.
No mate
He actually said at 12.33 "no answer from the Emery camp yet"

but later, at 1.21 he said "Emery has turned down our contract offer"

Then at 5.33 he quoted his 12.33 post and added "talks are still taking place" completely ignoring his post from 1.21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back