Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? There were plenty of fans that had it out for Martinez before he was even appointed because they wanted Vitor Pereira instead (who's managed 3 teams in nothing leagues and won nothing either in Martinez's time) and now they've got their way and Martinez is gone they want it all swept under the rug. All they want to do is talk Martinez's flaws without acknowledging his good points. Did he have flaws, bloody right, but let's not rewrite history eh. What exactly would Vitor have done for us do you think? What was his philosophy? At least Martinez had a long term vision, any manager we pick from what's on offer now is same old same old apart from FDB and he wants to join us because of the foundations laid by Martinez, his philosophy which is now seen as OUR philosophy. I'm not saying bring back Martinez but at least open your eyes to his bad AND good points.
I do accept Martinez's good points. I made the point earlier that getting De Boer would allow us to continue on the project that Martinez put in place. However you also must accept that when it came to implementing that vision he was bloody awful.

Either way, this is not about our ex manager. Its about our new one.

Talk of the new manager will inevitably revert back to what's gone before, be that positive or negative. I don't see why that would bother anyone, it's just a discussion.

For all those crusading for an unproven foreign manager who has no experience in the prem, I give you Remi Garde. We do not want do go down that route, we really don't

There are too many 'pie in the sky' choices being conjured up on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.