Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many contradictions in this statement with what's been said before, and been said by Koeman.

There's certainly nothing definite in this statement at all, it's very conditional - they've not discussed contract terms as they've not yet reached agreement on where the club is going; "if Ronald is committing himself", "we're at the point of getting down to the detail".

There's no detail or suggestions of where they are going - if they had agreement he would be indicating what their ambitions are.

I would say this is a fairly weak holding statement, nothing more.
It does seem unlikely though that they would release a statement like this if they think he's going to leave.

This thread is making my eyes hurt. We need to just hurry up and appoint someone....anyone (not Moyes) just to lock it.

Loving all the sources though, Everton have a leak the size of Niagra Falls.
The point is mate....Everton dont have any leak at all.....its the reason for all the angst on here.

Wind it in.

Martinez wretched philosophy included not being arsed about clean sheets and valuing the supposed performance over the result.

If you genuinely think that De Boer is interested in Everton due to the complete failure of Martinez then you need to go give your head a wobble

I think you're confusing tactics and philosophy. Tactics are what cost Martinez his job, his/our philosophy is why FDB is interested in the job, according to his agent. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/12/frank-de-boer-leaves-ajax-everton

So many contradictions in this statement with what's been said before, and been said by Koeman.

There's certainly nothing definite in this statement at all, it's very conditional - they've not discussed contract terms as they've not yet reached agreement on where the club is going; "if Ronald is committing himself", "we're at the point of getting down to the detail".

There's no detail or suggestions of where they are going - if they had agreement he would be indicating what their ambitions are.

sounds to me they are still miles apart in agreeing anything down on the South Coast

Esk when do you think Everton will appoint the new manager ?

Absolutely. If nothing else his stubbornness in constantly attacking in winning positions was enough to show his tactical naivety. That said, his negative points have been gone over in excruciating detail over the past 2 years, the same can't be said for his positive ones.
That's wasn't my problem with him. My problem was that we were unfit for the best part of two years, we were lazy and lacked discipline and defensively we were a joke. Just throw in a few minor issues like not practicing set pieces and then the nonsense that he talked. I also don't think he was that good a manager at getting us "playing" well. Too many players dropping behind the ball to receive a pass and seemingly Barry was the only player who apparently was allowed to pass the ball forward. One winger. 2 defensive midfielders yet teams walked through us. I could go on and on. He was rubbish. The fact that he idolized the Cruyff way of playing doesn't excuse all his flaws. The worst part about Martinez was he has made a large part of the fan base want to go back to kick and run football.

It does seem unlikely though that they would release a statement like this if they think he's going to leave.

I disagree totally mate. This is exactly the type of statement you would issue because if he does leave it is the perfect defence by the board, absolving themselves of any responsibility. " We thought we had an agreement, committed to the future blah blah blah". It would put all the blame on Koeman.

I think you're confusing tactics and philosophy. Tactics are what cost Martinez his job, his/our philosophy is why FDB is interested in the job, according to his agent. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/12/frank-de-boer-leaves-ajax-everton

His philosophy was "Style over results". Like that was ever going to work.

3395571.gif

I wouldn't agree with your interpretation - I'd say the disclosure that lawyers are involved makes it very concrete indeed. But I do realise you have contacts very close to the situation at Everton and you have been proven right so far.

It's hardly definitive though, so considering that and the fact that the Southampton fans will be wanting to hear something (as would we if there was speculation over our current manager moving to a much bigger club) maybe the club felt they had to put something out.

If I were a Southanpton fan, I'd be questioning the silence, it's been 10 days since the end of the season and he's got 12-months left and has stated he'll only stay if the club match his ambitions, that would worry me.

Status
Not open for further replies.