Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree totally mate. This is exactly the type of statement you would issue because if he does leave it the perfect defence by the board, absolving themselves of any responsibility. " We thought we had an agreement, committed to the future blah blah blah". It would put all the blame on Koeman.
But he doesn't seem in a hurry to do a deal with us either does he? From what you've told us, the Echo lads mentioning on the podcast that Moshiri's office is dominated with Koemans name and he will "doggedly pursue him", and every rag under the sun going with him being the number 1 target, it's safe to assume HE is the one we want.

You've also said that we've been sounding out replacements way before Martinez was even eventually sacked so it's not as if we've only been chasing him the last fortnight.

Everyone knows now he's our number 1 target, so how long do we give him to make up his mind before it becomes a little embarrassing that we've spent a while chasing him only for him to eventually say no ta?

If Moshiri wants him that badly he should give Koeman a deadline. Tell him his/our ambitions going forward and that he's the man we want to lead us, and give us an answer yes or no.

There's a hell of a lot for a new manager to do this summer and we can't be fannying around flirting with Koeman for weeks on end waiting for him to make a decision.

But he doesn't seem in a hurry to do a deal with us either does he? From what you've told us, the Echo lads mentioning on the podcast that Moshiri's office is dominated with Koemans name and he will "doggedly pursue him", and every rag under the sun going with him being the number 1 target, it's safe to assume HE is the one we want.

You've also said that we've been sounding out replacements way before Martinez was even eventually sacked so it's not as if we've only been chasing him the last fortnight.

Everyone knows now he's our number 1 target, so how long do we give him to make up his mind before it becomes a little embarrassing that we've spent a while chasing him only for him to eventually say no ta?

If Moshiri wants him that badly he should give Koeman a deadline. Tell him his/our ambitions going forward and that he's the man we want to lead us, and give us an answer yes or no.

There's a hell of a lot for a new manager to do this summer and we can't be fannying around flirting with Koeman for weeks on end waiting for him to make a decision.

He's allowed a holiday mate.

That's wasn't my problem with him. My problem was that we were unfit for the best part of two years, we were lazy and lacked discipline and defensively we were a joke. Just throw in a few minor issues like not practicing set pieces and then the nonsense that he talked. I also don't think he was that good a manager at getting us "playing" well. Too many players dropping behind the ball to receive a pass and seemingly Barry was the only player who apparently was allowed to pass the ball forward. One winger. 2 defensive midfielders yet teams walked through us. I could go on and on. He was rubbish. The fact that he idolized the Cruyff way of playing doesn't excuse all his flaws. The worst part about Martinez was he has made a large part of the fan base want to go back to kick and run football.
That's wasn't my problem with him. My problem was that we were unfit for the best part of two years, we were lazy and lacked discipline and defensively we were a joke. Just throw in a few minor issues like not practicing set pieces and then the nonsense that he talked. I also don't think he was that good a manager at getting us "playing" well. Too many players dropping behind the ball to receive a pass and seemingly Barry was the only player who apparently was allowed to pass the ball forward. One winger. 2 defensive midfielders yet teams walked through us. I could go on and on. He was rubbish. The fact that he idolized the Cruyff way of playing doesn't excuse all his flaws. The worst part about Martinez was he has made a large part of the fan base want to go back to kick and run football.

There's more than enough stuff we could go through that we wouldn't want to keep from Martinez's time in charge but the one thing we should hold onto is the passing football philosophy and not capitulate to the NBA end to end style of PL football played today. Winning the league is only going to get harder so European football is another good shot at some silverware, that's not going to happen playing NBA football. The passing philosophy has to stay and run from our youngest through to the first team so that new managers know exactly what they're getting when they're approached and will be interviewed expected to have a full and thorough plan of how they can build on solid foundations. Going from random manager to random manager will the way of playing changing everytime is footballing quicksand. Only the likes of City and Chelsea can afford to build a new house everytime.

I'm worried that Bill is in Moshiri ears about how good Moyes was for us and how he had no money.

Hope Moshiri knows the score

Status
Not open for further replies.