NNudgent for England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
According to press reports this morning David Nudgent is set for a shock England call up when McClaren names his squad! Cant remember the last time a championship player made an England squad, i suppose one of the recently relegated teams who would have had a premiership and international pedigree like James or some of the west ham lads. Maybe Steve Bull in the past but personally i think its some acheivement if it comes to pass that a lad who has never played top leauge football praticularly in the modern era gets an international recognition. He must really be that good!

Shades of Alan Ball anyone!

Anyhow other press reports this morning linking us to Celtics Kenny Miller not really one to set the pulses raceing.

Something that sprung to mind last night if it came to a choice between nudgent or Man U's Alan Smith as prob the two best strikers that maybe are available in the summer for an or around 6 mill who would you rather have?

Id have Nugent. I rate Smith but worry if he will be the same player after his injury. And Nugent would play for the shirt. Six million is a bit too much but if he makes it in the England squad then his value will soar.

Id have Nugent. I rate Smith but worry if he will be the same player after his injury. And Nugent would play for the shirt. Six million is a bit too much but if he makes it in the England squad then his value will soar.

Going by todays prices for players £6 mil could be a bargain price for the lad, I want to see him and AJ in the same line up(y)

I'm still unsure about him. What stood out for me in recent press murmourings from the England camp is how McClaren wants Lennon to play a bigger part in the side. That's 19 year old Aaron Lennon who's already had a few seasons in the PL, played in a WC and is a regular England squad player.

Maybe Nugent is a late bloomer but he's 21 now. He might well be a decent PL player one day but I don't know that he'll ever be an England regular. Perhaps on a par with AJ, who again I see as a good PL player but I don't see him ever getting 20 goals for England in his career.

with lennon injured and no return for saint beckham, will a call up for nugent mean AJ plays right wing?

as for players in the champ earning call ups, i think trevor sinclair managed it when he was at QPR, there have to be more, walcott went along to wc 2006 although he hadnt played for arsenal, and downing got a call up too and he plays for middlesbrough - a championship side if ever there was one. :biggrin:

Irony.

He replaced Johnson and scored. Albeit against Andorra but he bagged one and his profile, and price, will now soar. Expect old bitter media hacks talking about him doing more in ten minutes than Johnson did in two games and all that [Poor language removed].

Wonder if he still dreams of playing for Everton?

Expect a ten million bid from Newcastle tomorrow.

Last edited:

I'm still unsure about him. What stood out for me in recent press murmourings from the England camp is how McClaren wants Lennon to play a bigger part in the side. That's 19 year old Aaron Lennon who's already had a few seasons in the PL, played in a WC and is a regular England squad player.

Maybe Nugent is a late bloomer but he's 21 now. He might well be a decent PL player one day but I don't know that he'll ever be an England regular. Perhaps on a par with AJ, who again I see as a good PL player but I don't see him ever getting 20 goals for England in his career.

Im sorry Brucie but you cant compare the two- strikers and especially centre forwards do not peak untill around 25-26. Name a finished article centre foward that was doing the biz under 25?! If you say Rooney ill bite you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back