No Arteta or Pienaar for Brann...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/yak-travels-to-brann.html

David Moyes has included Yakubu in his travelling party to Norway.
The striker missed the win over Reading at the weekend after returning late from the Africa Cup of Nations.
But he boarded the plane at Liverpool airport on Tuesday ahead of the Uefa Cup last 32 clash with SK Brann on Wednesday.
Mikel Arteta has a groin problem and doesn't travel, but Andy van der Meyde is in the squad.
Also on the flight were youngsters Dan Gosling and Jack Rodwell but injured Thomas Gravesen and Steven Pienaar remained on Merseyside.
Keeper Tim Howard said the Yakubu incident was now in the past.
“We love The Yak,” said Howard. “He’s been a hugely positive influence on us, not just with the amount of goals he has scored for the team but in the dressing room as well.
“Yes, these things happen but it has been dealt with and the manager has taken care of that. Now we all get on with it. Yak has spoken to us and the sooner we get past it, the better. Beating Reading was a great way to get past it.”
Everton squad: Howard, Wessels, Hibbert, Neville, Lescott, Yobo, Jagielka, Baines, Valente, Carsley, Osman, vd Meyde, Cahill, Fernandes, Yakubu, Vaughan, Johnson, Anichebe, Rodwell, Gosling.
Oh dear, really cant see were we are going to get any creativity from.

Still a strong squad. Given the players available, and the need for away goals, I can see Moyes going 4-4-2 for this game. The pace of Johnson and Vaughan should worry a defence that is short on match fitness, and at least one of them will probably start.

VDM can play, YES!!! Fernandes can maybe be pushed up a bit as well. I wasnt expecting this [Poor language removed] news, but we still have the Yak back and a solid defense.

"Mikel Arteta has a groin problem and doesn't travel, but Andy van der Meyde is in the squad."

I like the way it sounds like losing Mikel won't be a problem cos we have VDM :lol: :lol:

mikel still suffering injury, and still having played on in recent weeks.

hopefully some R & R for him and pienaar will mean they are both back for city away.

my eleven
howard
neville jagielka yobo lescott
vdm carsley fernandes osman
cahill
yakubu

eleven i suspect
howard
hibbert jagielka yobo lescott
neville carsley fernandes osman
vaughan johnson

allegedly, andy van was played left wing because he was too strong on his right foot and regularly got too far ahead of his ajax team mates when attacking at speed, lets see if he can cut in and force the issue with possession from that right side and draw defenders out.

Looks like we would be playing the same defence line up from our previous match, and may be Baines on the ML again, and are we going to see vd Meyde playing, it would be interesting to see.

has anyone got a pair of boots and could be free tomorrow night, anything but that prick(n)(n)(n)

mikel still suffering injury, and still having played on in recent weeks.

hopefully some R & R for him and pienaar will mean they are both back for city away.

my eleven
howard
neville jagielka yobo lescott
vdm carsley fernandes osman
cahill
yakubu

eleven i suspect
howard
hibbert jagielka yobo lescott
neville carsley fernandes osman
vaughan johnson

allegedly, andy van was played left wing because he was too strong on his right foot and regularly got too far ahead of his ajax team mates when attacking at speed, lets see if he can cut in and force the issue with possession from that right side and draw defenders out.

I think he will play with the five myself mate, being away form home and he mentions in his quotes that as a team Brann are very hard to break down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back