Norwich 2-2 Everton. 7th March at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So cahills goal wouldn't actually have counted. I really hope he plays a strong squad against Sunderland I really want to finish the league strongly.

Firstly huge thanks to Alan Ball for sorting me out with a ticket for this, nice to meet you mate.

Good game, shame we didn't hold on to the lead each time but Norwich seemed to want it more in the end, a couple of times we could of broke away but no one seemed interest.

Liked the look of Jelavic, his movement is ace, loves making runs and looking for through balls. Obviously he ain't gonna find them here unless Pienaar has the ball.

Of course the highlight was Hibbert hitting the bar, and i kid you not but there was just a sense of shock in the crowd, no one could believe it "did Hibbert really just hit the bar? nah no way", so i think everyone will be too stunned to riot.

If we are keeping Distin all 35 years old of him, then we have to keep Jags too unless there is a blow your socks off offer. He's been a better CB than Heitinga up to this season. Plus Heitinga has talked of leaving in the past and I don't think its a considence that he's playing his best footie while his contract is up for resigning. I wouldn't want to be stuck with Duffy, Distin and Rodders? and CB for next season. Especially at the rate we score goals.

the other year when he got a decent run at CH, he was superb, again alongside all different partners, Lucas Neill, Distin. as soon as jags got fit he was shunted into midfield, and this season is his first real run at CH since, again hes been superb.

RBNY-shape.jpg

If we are keeping Distin all 35 years old of him, then we have to keep Jags too unless there is a blow your socks off offer. He's been a better CB than Heitinga up to this season. Plus Heitinga has talked of leaving in the past and I don't think its a considence that he's playing his best footie while his contract is up for resigning. I wouldn't want to be stuck with Duffy, Distin and Rodders? and CB for next season. Especially at the rate we score goals.

That is totally unfair. He was rightly frustrated because he was sat on the bench despite having the ability (and proving himself 100% right this season) to be a top player for us. He's playing his best football because he's had a good run at CB, end of.

That is totally unfair. He was rightly frustrated because he was sat on the bench despite having the ability (and proving himself 100% right this season) to be a top player for us. He's playing his best football because he's had a good run at CB, end of.

Its not unfair. Almost every single player steps it up when there are contract talks. Its not really a criticism. Peanut, Arteta, and Saha had what one of their best seasons in the final year of their contract. Hell even VDM came off the bench for an assist in his last contract year. Plus you never know about players when other teams start calling. Baines is classiest player in the prem, loyal to the club and doesn't seem to care about being stupid rich. However if ****ty offered to double his wages there is no way he wouldn't consider it.

Its not unfair. Almost every single player steps it up when there are contract talks. Its not really a criticism. Peanut, Arteta, and Saha had what one of their best seasons in the final year of their contract. Hell even VDM came off the bench for an assist in his last contract year. Plus you never know about players when other teams start calling. Baines is classiest player in the prem, loyal to the club and doesn't seem to care about being stupid rich. However if ****ty offered to double his wages there is no way he wouldn't consider it.

My point is that you're wrong to say he has stepped up his game just because his contract is close to it's end. He has played well because he's been given a good run in the side, not because he wants away somewhere else.

Heitinga has surely got to be a contender for player of the season. He needs to start the semi, other wise I fear we may concede too many like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back