not a great day but also not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
fulham scored in the 90th minute to get a one one draw with portsmouth
man ure gave a trouncing out to blackburn rovers (four one)
and city beat toon one nil
sadly bolton scored late on against sheff utd to scrape a one nil win which further strengthens boltons grasp on fifth, and of course 'you know who beat arsenal, which is a shame.

Not a bad day. With Spurs playing Reading tommorrow there is the potential for the race to be down to just three sides (ourselves, Bolton and Spurs). A draw there and I'd consider it a great weekend, providing we beat Villa of course.

Exactly my thoughts Suits, made up big time when Fulham got their equaliser, B'burn were actualy winning 1-0 at one point but thankfuly Utd came back.
Toon would have been on 40 points if they had won so City did us a big favour.
Bolton winning was a dissapointment but like you said it could have been a worse day, just need Spurs-Reading to share the spoils tomorrow, then a win for us on Monday would make it a great Weekend.

like I keep saying lads, the only thing that really matters is that we beat villa.

Sixth place is ours to lose.

Saying that we need to get a bit of a cushion going and most importantly maintain our good form.

Not so long ago many of us would have took an Intertoto place. Not anymore. I want fifth, but its gonna be tough.

If you have a look at the fixtures for the next four games:

http://fixtures365.teamtalk.com/?de...amtalk.com/Data/0,13754,X1BSRU1fQUxM,00.html#

I have it something like this (out of 12 points, including Bolton's win today)

Bolton 7 points

Everton 8 points

Spurs 8 points

Reading 4 points.

Which would put us in fifth place on goal difference. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Although the Villa game is very important, be clear on this there are no unimportant games. We need to be positive right the way through and think of nothing less than getting max points from each game.

COYB

MASSIVE GAME.

Shame about Bolton but others went our way, Spurs will beat Reading.

i picked spurs for the win tomorrow, which is usually the touch of death.

on a related note about predictions, i have picked us to win 2-0 in most of our fixtures this season, apart from spurs (which i didnt call) have we beat anyone else 2-0 ?

Dont forget the [Poor language removed], oh!.....hang on.........Sorry............​

3-0​

My mistake

lol lol lol lol lol ;)

intertoto means a club cant go out to the far east or to the states to play some preseason games, auto uefa qualification has a little more kudos that in via the backdoor - isnt that right chico?

lol

I'm not so sure how worthwhile the Intertoto is. The record of English clubs in it is awful. Newcastle qualified last year along with two other clubs, but in the 12 years prior to that only two English sides have 'won' the competition (three teams win each year).

It would also be interesting to see the impact playing in it has had on the league performance for that season. It's well documented how playing in a World Cup hampers players performance the following season so a good break over the summer cannot be over-estimated.

in 99.9999999 % of cases, absolutley right Bruce, but when beatts isnt playing every week him being an "athlete and consuming 10,000 calories a day" tells a tale - usually on his waist and stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.