Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it could be a perfect parting gift by moyes if he sanctioned a swap deal fellaini - Rooney.

I don't know but as some have said he's 27 now, has won everything at man utd, earned silly amounts of money and I still think in his DNA his main priority is playing football!

He hasn't got the physic IMO to play to mid thirties, I think he'll be done by 33 latest. Lets face it were not a bad team anymore... He would make a massive difference and could be the hero I'm sure he must of dreamed of being.

At least moyes being there I would think helps pave a way to sort a deal to us at some point 1-2-3 yrs time. If they sign that polish fella too tho...Wayne will deffo be off

I warmed to the idea of late of his return and think he will at some point. Was chatting to someone with ties to Utd this week and said they couldnt see Rooney being a top player beyond 28-30. They said he was fond of a bevy, smoked and there were general concerns over his lifestyle and was begining to catch up with him in terms of fitness - apparently the England players got a week of to spend with their famlies before the Euros and he went of to Vegas, subsequently meaning he wasnt sharp at the Euros, while hes struggled for fitness this year. Anyway others will know more then me and not sure how true any of it is bar the source has links to an ex player at Utd, but just thought id pass it on.

I will say this if he goes from Utd to say PSG we're in for a bit of wedge from that deal. Isnt it 15% of anything they make a profit of what they paid us for him.

Last edited:
The notion of Wayne Rooney coming back to Everton only exists in the minds of those prolonging this fantasy. If he leaves United he will undoubtedly make a move to clubs such as Chelsea or PSG who can provide him with Instant European football and access to top flight domestic honours as well as lavishing him with the kind of money he has now become accustomed too. That sort of money is like crack with all the subsequent after effects.

The only time you will see Rooney in an Everton shirt is in the privacy of his own home

He didn't want to play for when he was young, why will he now? he wants to be a club that wins stuff, you all do know he believes he to good for us. He will be looking at clubs like City and Chelsea.

1 more year wayne will be home

You still think that bluefox? As it definitely looks like a no-goer now due to the transfer request and also the fans are starting to turn against him as its the 2nd time he's said he wants out. It looks like he will be moving on this season and if he goes to PSG/Bayern (personally I cant see him going abroad) then he's signed up for another 4-5 years making him around 32 at the end of it.

some old journo was on the sunday supplement earlier, he has been close to united and good friends with fergie for years. He said Rooney has 'always wanted to go abroad', I find that hard to believe but if its true then it makes it less likely he'll be back with us anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back