Nuno Valente

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenose

Player Valuation: £225k
Nuno claimed in yesterdays Daily Mirror that he wanted to stay at Goodison, but as of yet has not been offered a new deal?

Whats your view on this, Im not Nunos biggest fan, but if he where to go it would leave us pretty light at left back.

Or would people be happy playing Lescott there ahead of Baines, or when Leighton is not available? if not who should we be looking towards as cover?

I wouldnt have too much problem with him signing an extension. He did superbly against Aaron Lennon when we played Tottenham, even if he isnt first choice, he is a really good backup.

He is one of the many puzzles Moyes has to solve this summer if we are to continue progressing. As other positions must take priority I think he will get another year

Valente is good cover with heaps of experience and has had a few good games over the season. If he's not too expensive and given our problems in the past with this position and injuries, I'd keep him. Depends if Boyle looks like a candidate as well or is going to be moved on at the end of the season.

Cheers for the quick replies lads!

Another one I was thinking of was Wessels, is his deal up in the summer, what would you do with him?

I thought he done well against Man Utd at Goodison, but looked shaky in Alkmaar.

Another one I was thinking of was Wessels, is his deal up in the summer, what would you do with him?

I thought he done well against Man Utd at Goodison, but looked shaky in Alkmaar.

He scares the crap out of me, I'd send him on his way

He scares the crap out of me, I'd send him on his way

And have Ruddy as your No2? whats the deal with him anyway, he was pretty highly rated when we signed him?

Having said that every second player we get linked with seems to be a keeper (Hennessey, Asenjo, Robinson)

Turner
Ruddy
Stathenburg!

Surely if any of these have a future they need to be at least given the number two jersey next season though big Lars is a bit young yet! Great penalty stopper by all accounts.

Give him another year, but for me he is an attacking wing back really and does leave big gaps behind him. Good on his day though. I'd play Baines when fit before him everytime though.
I'd guess Moyes would rather Nev-Yobo-Jags-Lescott at the back if Nuno has not been offered an extension.
Isn't nuno in his 30's?

He looked [Poor language removed] awful against Oldham in the Cup

I like Nuno but i think he should be replaced next season with Nigeria's left back ( Taye ? ) i think his name was, looked as hard as nails in the tackle and very strong going forward in the ACN,i'm not sure but i think he plays for a French club at the moment .He'd create great competition for Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back