Off to Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rook

Player Valuation: £80m
I'm off to England tomorrow to see my bro in London and have an excuse to come to Goddison. I got a ticket Villa match and might go to the Wolves away match as well. Any suggestions for pubs pre and post match?

I got a seat in Park End which I heard is the best place to watch the match.

You need to see if you can't get any of the GOT lads to treat you to a pint or two while at Goodison. Lucky you.

If you ever want to go even though the dollar is in the toliet compared to the pound its not that expensive. Round trip flight from baltimore was $675 and I only bought the ticket last week (there was a cheaper flight for $575 only that had a 12hr layoff in toronto). A 15 day all england rail card was $400 and the ticket for the match was $75. Will try out the Lisbon.

If you ever want to go even though the dollar is in the toliet compared to the pound its not that expensive. Round trip flight from baltimore was $675 and I only bought the ticket last week (there was a cheaper flight for $575 only that had a 12hr layoff in toronto). A 15 day all england rail card was $400 and the ticket for the match was $75. Will try out the Lisbon.

I dont want to be mean. The Lisbon was a joke. You'd probably be best to swerve it.

I dont have that kind of money yet. You have to remember Im only 16.

I dont want to be mean. The Lisbon was a joke. You'd probably be best to swerve it.

I dont have that kind of money yet. You have to remember Im only 16.

Well at least they'll be at RFK this year.

Are you allowed to bring a backpack into the stadium or does that make me a terrorist?

Well at least they'll be at RFK this year.

Are you allowed to bring a backpack into the stadium or does that make me a terrorist?

True, but I might be busy that weekend.

I have no idea. Hopefully someone can answer these questions for you.

You can surely take a backpack in with you? If anything they'll just do a check at the turnstiles.

Park End is arguably the best place to sit because there are no restricted views, however i'm still and always will be a sucker for the Lower Gwladys.

Any pub around Goodison is worth a shout to be honest, they're all filled with jubilant Blues pre-match and suicidal Blues usually post-match.

Thanks. Some stadia frown on it in the states as they are afraid I might sneak in a bag of chips or something. I did end up getting a cheap hotel for Sat night so I don't have to worry.

Last edited:
Sorted, best just take what you need with you then for the game.

Hope you enjoy it and we don't let you down too much!

You will be asked to open your rucksack and show them whats inside at the turnstile. I'd advise you not to take any drinks with you and just get one before or after the game, or buy from inside the ground, aluminium cans may be confiscated and the top from plastic bottles will be taken off you, which is a bit of a ball ache. Other than that, you should be fine, enjoy the game.

w00t!

Have a safe and gloriously memorable trip, Rook. Can you feel the envy from here? Please, for those of us still waiting for our first haj to Goodison, a comprehensive report when you can.

I got a seat in Park End which I heard is the best place to watch the match.

I'll bank on that being LCAB that told you that, a few of us meet outside 'The Spellow' including often the said member.

backpack will be fine, just put the lid off the plastic bottle in your pocket (or carry a spare *taps nose)

They don't take my bottle lids off me or check my bag anymore, then again I've sat there for 16yrs!

they never check ours either tbh, I'm gonna try a pizza delivery to the side door just behind us near the church, half time at a night game.

People sit troughing allsorts from the chippies and the hot wok place, which looks a good deal tbh and alright in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.