Gomes (Injury)
Dele (Injury)
Butterfield
Onyango
Danjuma (Injury)
Okoronkwo
Heath

Email from the club.

As we approach the final seven home games of the 2023/24 season, I wanted to take this opportunity to write to you as a Season Ticket Member in the Howard Kendall Lower Gwladys Street with some important safety information.

The content of this email is not aimed at dampening the passion or fervour of the matchday atmosphere. In fact, we actively encourage fans to show their passion for the team, as that support plays a vital role in the matchday experience and the connection between the crowd and our players on the pitch.

I should also stress that, in sending this letter to highlight certain regulated issues, I appreciate they may not apply to you directly. However, your understanding of this important information is valued.

Following recent inspections by Liverpool City Council licensing officers and The Sports Ground Safety Authority - the body responsible for the issuing of licences to sports grounds for all football matches played in England and Wales - the issue of 'persistent standing' in the Lower Gwladys Street stand has been formally highlighted to the football club.

As a condition of our license, the Club must be rigorous in upholding the all-seater conditions of the Football Spectators Act 1989, the purpose of which is "to provide for the safety of spectators". In addition to this, some of our supporters in these areas have complained to the Club because they simply cannot stand for long periods due to age and/or health problems – or because they are unable to see if they are located at the back of the stand.

We fully understand that, at times of increased excitement, supporters will stand. However, we urge all supporters to continue to be considerate in their actions. The potential exists for the licensing authorities to reduce the capacity in the Lower Gwladys Street stand should the situation not improve. Similar action has previously been taken in the away section at Goodison Park, where capacity reductions have been imposed for certain opposition teams.

As a Club, we are legally compelled to work with the authorities to identify any individuals who take part in persistent standing. This also applies to the throwing of objects of any description on to the field of play.

Failure to comply with these regulations could lead to punishment for the Club or a partial closure of the stadium to supporters.

You may have seen our advice cards during the season. These cards were distributed as part of our responsibility to ensure we are compliant with our license. The Club appreciates the understanding and positive feedback we have received, and many supporters have been more appreciative and considerate of others. However, it is also evident that many fans have not responded to our efforts to improve matters. The last thing we want is a capacity reduction for our final season at Goodison.

As we look forward to the move to Everton Stadium, I should advise that there will be a dedicated safe standing area in the lower section of the stadium’s south stand. Fans who wish to stand for long periods will be able to do so in this area of our new home. However, until we move, it is important that all supporters appreciate it is imperative we comply and adhere fully with the ground regulations.

I look forward to your understanding and co-operation during the remainder of the season and, as always, my team will be busy ensuring all supporters have the best possible matchday experience at Goodison Park.

Kind regards,

Dave Lewis
Head of Security and Stadium Safety

GK's
Pickford
Virginia
Lonergan
Crellin

CB's
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Keane
Godfrey

Full-Back's
Mykolenko
Hunt
Patterson
Young
Coleman

Centre Mids
Garner
Gana
Doucoure
Onana
Metcalfe

Forwards
Beto
DCL
Chermiti
McNeil
Harrison
Dobbin

Missing:
Barrett
Dixon
Gomes (Injury)
Dele (Injury)
Butterfield
Onyango
Danjuma (Injury)
Okoronkwo
Heath

Maybe saw Boakye at the end too

Email from the club.

As we approach the final seven home games of the 2023/24 season, I wanted to take this opportunity to write to you as a Season Ticket Member in the Howard Kendall Lower Gwladys Street with some important safety information.

The content of this email is not aimed at dampening the passion or fervour of the matchday atmosphere. In fact, we actively encourage fans to show their passion for the team, as that support plays a vital role in the matchday experience and the connection between the crowd and our players on the pitch.

I should also stress that, in sending this letter to highlight certain regulated issues, I appreciate they may not apply to you directly. However, your understanding of this important information is valued.

Following recent inspections by Liverpool City Council licensing officers and The Sports Ground Safety Authority - the body responsible for the issuing of licences to sports grounds for all football matches played in England and Wales - the issue of 'persistent standing' in the Lower Gwladys Street stand has been formally highlighted to the football club.

As a condition of our license, the Club must be rigorous in upholding the all-seater conditions of the Football Spectators Act 1989, the purpose of which is "to provide for the safety of spectators". In addition to this, some of our supporters in these areas have complained to the Club because they simply cannot stand for long periods due to age and/or health problems – or because they are unable to see if they are located at the back of the stand.

We fully understand that, at times of increased excitement, supporters will stand. However, we urge all supporters to continue to be considerate in their actions. The potential exists for the licensing authorities to reduce the capacity in the Lower Gwladys Street stand should the situation not improve. Similar action has previously been taken in the away section at Goodison Park, where capacity reductions have been imposed for certain opposition teams.

As a Club, we are legally compelled to work with the authorities to identify any individuals who take part in persistent standing. This also applies to the throwing of objects of any description on to the field of play.

Failure to comply with these regulations could lead to punishment for the Club or a partial closure of the stadium to supporters.

You may have seen our advice cards during the season. These cards were distributed as part of our responsibility to ensure we are compliant with our license. The Club appreciates the understanding and positive feedback we have received, and many supporters have been more appreciative and considerate of others. However, it is also evident that many fans have not responded to our efforts to improve matters. The last thing we want is a capacity reduction for our final season at Goodison.

As we look forward to the move to Everton Stadium, I should advise that there will be a dedicated safe standing area in the lower section of the stadium’s south stand. Fans who wish to stand for long periods will be able to do so in this area of our new home. However, until we move, it is important that all supporters appreciate it is imperative we comply and adhere fully with the ground regulations.

I look forward to your understanding and co-operation during the remainder of the season and, as always, my team will be busy ensuring all supporters have the best possible matchday experience at Goodison Park.

Kind regards,

Dave Lewis
One thing after another.
What a time to be an Evertonian.

Email from the club.

Kind regards,

Dave Lewis
I think this was directly aimed at you Goat.

Email from the club.

Kind regards,

Dave Lewis

Down with this sort of thing.

By the way Dave Lewis you spelt licence wrong.

GK's
Pickford
Virginia
Lonergan
Crellin

CB's
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Keane
Godfrey

Full-Back's
Mykolenko