Okay that's the breaking point

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's definitely a lot of marmite about Allardyce as a manager. I was not looking forward to him coming in but acknowledge we were going nowhere under Koeman and really needed the dose of organisation and experience as a fire fighter which he has brought. Good on him for that. But I just can't agree that the negative approach we saw at West Brom is acceptable for the full 90 minutes with virtually no attempt to win the game or press up the pitch or force them into errors. We were playing with fire allowing so many crosses etc. because we seemed only interested in protecting territory not even winning the ball much.

I took his point in the post match about him not giving instructions to do poor passing. Fair enough, players make mistakes too and many of them were passing pretty poorly throughout. But West Brom are on such a terrible run a decent approach would surely have been to at least attack decently for 15 minutes or so in each half and then if that produced a goal protect it a bit and pinch a second as they become more desperate in attack. 5 defenders in a row against Rondon....come on lads. People paid a fair few bob and travelled from afar on Boxing Day, a little bit of entertainment and a decent effort to actually win the game is not too much to ask.

Not asking for his head though...just want a bit more attacking and less welly to a young striker from about 50 yards away who is not that brilliant in the air any way and in that set up does not have many team mates nearby to pass to.
I agree think it's time Sam starts playing with the team abit and adding a bit more attacking flair into the team, Vlasic,Lookman and Niasse would definitly improve that, I'm not saying add all 3 just integrate 1 or 2 so our attacking improves. He got enough points now for a little breathing space to experiment a little.

I agree think it's time Sam starts playing with the team abit and adding a bit more attacking flair into the team, Vlasic,Lookman and Niasse would definitly improve that, I'm not saying add all 3 just integrate 1 or 2 so our attacking improves. He got enough points now for a little breathing space to experiment a little.
This was exactly my thought V West Brom. We all know what happened there.

The guy does not know how to attack and play it on the ground. You will see between now and the end of the season, hopefully we can then say our goodbyes

I never understood the hate for Howard, yeah he was well past it and became a liability in his last two seasons but its not like he picked himself to play was it? If a player is repeatedly costing the team points then it's the managers responsibility to drop him. If he doesn't then everything that player does subsequently is all the managers fault.
That's what I am saying he was chosen and indeed at his age a three year contract when he was awful!
It cost RM his job as our defence suffered with his poor positioning and he let many goals in from winning positions!

I couldn't go yesterday as I'm away and haven't got to see the game or even highlights on TV.

But did we show any more attacking moves than against West Brom? Or did we just park the bus and hope?!

Status
Not open for further replies.