Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

....Brian Greenhoff and Lou Macari for United but ashamed to say not sure who the lad in Blue is?

TBF I don't think too many remember Mick Walsh , I do as I had just returned from overseas 1978 , couldn't wait to get back to the matches
Gordon Lee brought in Mick Walsh as replacement for Duncan McKenzie who went to Chelsea , unfortunately Mick didn't do much , Duncan scored two goals on his return to Goodison that season - but lost they 3-2 and got relegated

Great piece of history. This appears to be from the first game of the season 1928-29 when Dixie scored a hat trick against Bolton in both the home and away matches. I can not find another occasion when he scored three against them. Are you able to confirm this. Keep up the fabulous work of these old photos.
Looked in my bible and you are correct - the fact it says FIRST it is the first game of the season at Goodison in his 60 1928/29 goal haul he did indeed score a Hattrick V Bolton that day -that must have been the first of the three and the first of his 60 goals - he did get a hattrick away on December 28th Boxing Day that season - so what an iconic picture that is probably the my finest ever photo - well spotted ;)

I actually got sloshed with my mates and ended up at his testimonial in the Anfield road end ........a certain Stuart Hall played in the five a side at the half time interval....... :Blink:
Always had time for the dodger, I went too, poured down. A certain Mr Kay (34?) who, due to various reasons, was down in the program as 'A. N. Other' was joint MotM.

Last edited:

The Man City semi final was a disaster too -I was there cant remember what kit we played in , but a crap heartbreaking result...... in the last few minutes.....
Blue, iirc, they played in their AC Milan kit. We settled for a draw in the last 10mins...and tbh, I think they had too, they just got lucky and we didn't
Everton That.

I dont think it is Forest. Not sure why we would have played in amber there.
Its Jimmy Husband scoring but im flummoxed
Could possibly be Leicester with Shilton in goal? Maybe the cup quarter final in 1968 when Husband scored 2??

Spot on. It is Husband's second in the Leicester cup tie. Brief highlights are on You tube but I was unable to upload it here as the "file is too large"

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back