Old Everton Pictures

Millwall fans mistakenly thinking the home end was the away end.
I was there arriving latish going into the paddock entrance right by the street end with my older brother -he stated what are those idiots doing ...chanting "we're going to take the gwladys street end" as we go up the steps knives were flashing the top bank jumped all over them horrific scenes of flashing steel and they escaped over the wall to the park end pretty quickly - the St Johns ambulance guys come past us with stretchers up to the park end blood seeping through the sheets on the stretchers awful scenes....

I was there arriving latish going into the paddock entrance right by the street end with my older brother -he stated what are those idiots doing ...chanting "we're going to take the gwladys street end" as we go up the steps knives were flashing the top bank jumped all over them horrific scenes of flashing steel and they escaped over the wall to the park end pretty quickly - the St Johns ambulance guys come past us with stretchers up to the park end blood seeping through the sheets on the stretchers awful scenes....
Uncannily those were my memories also.
Queuing to get in the paddock at the street end as we got to the turnstiles we became aware of some sort of commotion. Once in we dashed up to see the mayhem. Londoners being led away blood streaming down their faces. In my years going away and seeing kick offs against us they were the worst scenes I'd witnessed.

Uncannily those were my memories also.
Queuing to get in the paddock at the street end as we got to the turnstiles we became aware of some sort of commotion. Once in we dashed up to see the mayhem. Londoners being led away blood streaming down their faces. In my years going away and seeing kick offs against us they were the worst scenes I'd witnessed.
On top of that an awful performance with a 2-0 knockout......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back