Old Everton Pictures

I’m in the middle of that lower tier somewhere. Happy days
048A7DC7-06FF-449C-8F73-AB5F07C1A54E.jpeg

I can remember Bobby when I was a kid, he only had Alec Parker to play with at his level, the rest of our team were not really upto it, yes! within a
couple of years he got proper help, but was then ' emptied out'. The few years that Bobby was with us, he kept us in the first division. His positional sense was incredible, his ball-winning was superb....especially stealing the ball on our penalty box and slipping the ball back to goalies Albert & Jimmy. He was a
tough ' little nut' and 'shirked nothing'. He used to take our penalties before Royston, he was the first player that I can remember that could 'slice' the ball,
He used to aim with his foot to the top left-hand corner of the net, but then slice it with his little toe side of his foot and the ball used to curl in to the right
bottom corner. Magic Bobby!

I can remember Bobby when I was a kid, he only had Alec Parker to play with at his level, the rest of our team were not really upto it, yes! within a
couple of years he got proper help, but was then ' emptied out'. The few years that Bobby was with us, he kept us in the first division. His positional sense was incredible, his ball-winning was superb....especially stealing the ball on our penalty box and slipping the ball back to goalies Albert & Jimmy. He was a
tough ' little nut' and 'shirked nothing'. He used to take our penalties before Royston, he was the first player that I can remember that could 'slice' the ball,
He used to aim with his foot to the top left-hand corner of the net, but then slice it with his little toe side of his foot and the ball used to curl in to the right
bottom corner. Magic Bobby!
I just missed him my older brother idolised him and my late father stating the facts in your post , and were devastated when he was sold as he then took Leeds to great heights - I have since read an autobiography by him and we did sign him as a youth player , but let him back out of the deal as SFA rules allowed him too, renague - Everton that .......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back