Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

The GV booked :eek: -
1591368698271.webp

Skippy Jimmy Husband leaps to get a shot on goal -
View attachment 89771
Jimmy was a bit of an unsung hero in the 69/70 title winners, got singled out by the Greeks in the first leg of the European Cup which was probably the start of the worst week in my life.
The screeching of Jimmys name from the boys pen was an integral part of those times.

Jimmy was a bit of an unsung hero in the 69/70 title winners, got singled out by the Greeks in the first leg of the European Cup which was probably the start of the worst week in my life.
The screeching of Jimmys name from the boys pen was an integral part of those times.
I loved him his speed his direction, Dave Macckae took him out in a League cup tie cut him in half that set him back a lot ......dirty tackle cupped him in half going in to score , not even a yellow in those days a definite red today ......,..

I did!! I was pretty much dead in line with him in the Main Stand!!
It was an incredible volley. Passed from quite a distance from right back position, it seemed to be in the air quite a while. He let it drop over his right shoulder and struck it beautifully!!
Stylish, skilful player Jimmy Husband!
Still one of my all-time favourite goals. It epitomised the football that 1970 team played. Chelsea had a corner or free-kick that was played into the box. John Hurst started the move, he found Colin on the edge of our box, he sprayed it out to Bally, sprinting down the right wing, and he played an incredible first-time pass straight onto the onrushing Jimmy's chest, who finished with a volley into the net. In my mind, at least, the ball didn't touch the ground after leaving Colin's boot until it was in the back of their net.

Still one of my all-time favourite goals. It epitomised the football that 1970 team played. Chelsea had a corner or free-kick that was played into the box. John Hurst started the move, he found Colin on the edge of our box, he sprayed it out to Bally, sprinting down the right wing, and he played an incredible first-time pass straight onto the onrushing Jimmy's chest, who finished with a volley into the net. In my mind, at least, the ball didn't touch the ground after leaving Colin's boot until it was in the back of their net.
Mate, that is a brilliant description of the whole move. The speed with which the ball wnt from one end of the pitch to the other was incredible. To be honest you know that you might be missing or getting wrong an important detail because it was so long ago. I remember people around me speculating whether he had taken a slight touch with his chest first. I can’t say with certainty but the sweetness of the contact and the angle at which the ball dropped over his shoulder were amazing! People were buzzing discussing it as though to say “how did he do that? Did that really happen?”
Like Sharp’s volley vs Spurs! Incredible strikes that you can believe you have really seen it!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back