Old Everton Pictures

A young Everton starlet on the verge of breaking into the first team: Jimmy Husband. Skippy won a League winner's medal in 1969/70. He moved on to Luton Town and the USA
1604593319387.webp

50 years ago yesterday November the 4th our famous 2-0 win at the pit took us to win the league goals from Alan Whittle & Joe Royle - I stood on the Kop with my older Brother such a memorable occasion as not just the win we played them off the park - the chant in the 2nd half rang around the pit "Champions - Champions" - non-stop was just fantastic -
the first - Alan Whittle -
1604596548407.webp

The 2nd Joe Royle -
1604596653157.webp

Westy's response to the KOP when we scored the 2nd - I was not far stood on the Kop with a couple of thousand Blues fans - right in front of that it was a masterclass performance they had beat us 3-0 at Goodison Sandys own goal - etc - revenge was sweet plus we knew the title was coming our way the football was class - 50 years ago memories so vivid -54,000 there that day all ticket affair - 54,000 there that day -
1604598257683.webp

50 years ago yesterday November the 4th our famous 2-0 win at the pit took us to win the league goals from Alan Whittle & Joe Royle - I stood on the Kop with my older Brother such a memorable occasion as not just the win we played them off the park - the chant in the 2nd half rang around the pit "Champions - Champions" - non-stop was just fantastic -
the first - Alan Whittle -
View attachment 107121
The 2nd Joe Royle -
View attachment 107123

Tommy Wright did a couple of Pele type moves making a monkey out of a couple of theirs. Only time I've ever laughed in that ground!

It's got to be a Yankee sports icon. Maybe Babe Ruth as that pic of Dean playing baseball might be a clue.
I think it is Zamora?Spanish keeper, seen this pic in Dixies autobiography,think we were playing at Spurs,then England were playing Spain the following week,The Spanish national team were at the Spurs v Everton game watching.

I offered him this first

3885348912_15ff618975.jpg

Caption please -
Honeymoon over. Not that everything been going swimmingly for David Moyes since leaving Everton for Manchester United. But things took a serious turn for worse after Wednesday night's encounter as Brian Oviedo scores -
View attachment 107094
Moyes squaring up for a fight. See you wee man........you can't be scoring against us.......it's not fair........boo hoo.....

I think it is Zamora?Spanish keeper, seen this pic in Dixies autobiography,think we were playing at Spurs,then England were playing Spain the following week,The Spanish national team were at the Spurs v Everton game watching.
I've a book here with a very similar photo. Not quite the same photo. But close enough. Taken from a slightly different angle. It is of Dixie Dean wearing the same kit. And shaking hands with a very similar looking guy in joeys photo. The guy in my photo is wearing a very similar overcoat and tie... the background crowd is very similar.... It's imo the same guy.
And after all that ........you are spot on. It's Richardo Zamora. Nicknamed "El Divino". Played for both Real Madrid and Barcelona.
And Spain.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back