Old Everton Pictures

....not sure if that’s the game Anderson scored a terrific goal with the outside of his right foot in Gwladys Street.
Eggs, its not that game.
This is the first game of 77 season and Forest just promoted, also George Wood debut.
Forest won 3 1 with a certain John Robertson running riot.
Remember the headlines in the pink echo.
"Forest fire too hot for Wood "
They went on to win the league, some team they were then under Cloughie.
The Anderson 30 yarder was the following season in a midweek cup tie.

24th August 1963 Fulham goalkeeper, Tony Macedo can only turn a chipped cross from Alex Young into his own net as the Blues take the lead at Goodison -in a 3-0 win - Inset in the photo is that Roy Vernon, and a young Joe Royle in the dugout?
View attachment 108119

....I’d guess it’s George Thompson in the dug out with Vernon, but it is just a guess.

A local lad from Prescot Geoff Nulty - career ending injury v the other lot over the park -
1605527169506.webp

Iain Turner purchased for agent Johnson who was ridiculously allowed to own two clubs Tranmere Rovers and EFC =us paid 500,000 for his services - I had seen him in a pre-season friendly v Chester & he looked a disaster waiting to happen then .... Agent Johnson just propping up Tranmere's finances hence he never made it that was a big fee at the time -
1605528180099.webp

Iain Turner purchased for agent Johnson who was ridiculously allowed to own two clubs Tranmere Rovers and EFC =us paid 500,000 for his services - I had seen him in a pre-season friendly v Chester & he looked a disaster waiting to happen then .... Agent Johnson just propping up Tranmere's finances hence he never made it that was a big fee at the time -
View attachment 108146
Think we got him from a Scottish club. Didn't he make his debut in a televised cup game at Chelsea when he was meant to be sub but Dickie Wright injured himself in the warm up. Made his league debut a few days later against Blackburn when I think he was sent off after about 5 minutes!

Think we got him from a Scottish club. Didn't he make his debut in a televised cup game at Chelsea when he was meant to be sub but Dickie Wright injured himself in the warm up. Made his league debut a few days later against Blackburn when I think he was sent off after about 5 minutes!
He's a coach at Tranmere now the guy I was thinking of was Steve Simonosen
There some raised eyebrows when Steve Simonsen signed for Everton in 1998 and supposedly became the most expensive goalkeeper in British football history. It was a complicated and somewhat controversial deal that could ultimately be worth £3.3M for Tranmere Rovers. Simonsen's contract was structured to take into account the number of Premiership and England appearances the youngster would make for the club. =Agent Peter Johnson at his worse .....
1605533359819.png

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back