Old Everton Pictures

Bally -

1608251616001.webp

Same game we drew 1-1 v Spurs - what is the ref doing here?lol Henry the Hammer Newton scored our goal is this it? -

View attachment 111346
Looks like the awarding of the penalty which resulted in our goal. Foul on David Johnson. Big Joe, going through a lean spell, hit it straight at the keeper but Henry knocked in the rebound. That was one of the games played on a midweek afternoon, due to power cuts; they'd knocked us out of the cup the previous Saturday.

1958. Blackburn Rovers celebrate promotion - a certain Royston Vernon seen far right bottom of the photo with a ciggie in his hand -typical of him -

View attachment 111461
A good side were the Rovers. England players Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas with the future Toffee legend Vernon. And Pick coming in the following season to blast some bazookas at opposition goals in the topflight. And very successfully to boot ;)

A good side were the Rovers. England players Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas with the future Toffee legend Vernon. And Pick coming in the following season to blast some bazookas at opposition goals in the topflight. And very successfully to boot ;)
Alan Ball was one of Bryan Douglas heroes modelled himself on - I met Bryan him in the early 1980's up in Clitheroe market with a sign on his DIY stall ex Blackburn rovers international on Clitheroe Market when I lived up there - sad compared what the film stars wages they hand out now ......

My older brother stated we tried to sign him he was brilliant -along with Vernon ......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back