Old Everton Pictures

The Cannonball Kid in action -

1611709435571.webp

It was truly a brutal place in the 1960s.
This pic is from the latter days of the pen in 1974. The height of the fence was initially raised to try and prevent kids from climbing over into the Gwladys St. It was then completely 'caged in' in the late 60s to prevent objects (mainly 'jubbly' cartons full of water, (or worse) being thrown over. I Think it wasn't finally demolished until 1977.

View attachment 115488
Like someone has just walked over my grave just looking at that and bringing back vivid memories.

Roger Kenyon slides in on Newcastle's Malcolm Macdonald -

View attachment 115560
I think that mightve been '71 when Bally scored that 25 yard at The Street End, white boots n all.I was there and Gerald Sinstadt and Granada were there. Used to love seeing the tv vans by the Park End car park when we got off the Footy Bus from Old Swan and all the cables all over the place. Wouldnt be allowed now - "elf n safety" but the Police Horses baptised them down there then too !!

I think this qualifies as an old Everton (player) pic. Till June anyways lol
Here he is scoring one of his 2 headers last night against the pie eaters. So close to a hat trick too. Not bad for 20 mins on the pitch. A star is born ;)

View attachment 115604
Let's hope this is the springboard he needs to take him further up the career ladder at Everton.
I suppose that as a striker you are only judged by the number of goals you score, that is your currency.
As opposed to other outfield players who's performances will be viewed many different ways and is a lot more judgemental.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back