Old Everton Pictures

676f927998eddac11b9a708fafa2e8b6.webp

Alex Young the GV pictured up against Willie Bell and Norman Hunter of Leeds United during the FA Cup 4th Round game at Elland Road 25th January 1964 in a 1-1 draw -Royston Vernon scored near the end with a retaken pen... we won the replay -

View attachment 116867
And what a replay it was too.
Goodison under lights, bear pit to the very, very extreme.
Jimmy Gabriel at No. 9 in full on Conan the Barbarian mode, Charlton and the rest did not like it up em!
66,000+ A cold and frostyJanuary night, the Dave Clark 5 belting out 'Glad All Over' pre kick off and halftime and and the wooden floors being used to good effect stamping out the...and I'm feeling, glad all over Boom! Boom!
I don't think they'd seen or heard anything like it before and it frightened them to death.
Which, imo, directly led to Revie getting his retaliation in first at the battle of goodison.

And what a replay it was too.
Goodison under lights, bear pit to the very, very extreme.
Jimmy Gabriel at No. 9 in full on Conan the Barbarian mode, Charlton and the rest did not like it up em!
66,000+ A cold and frostyJanuary night, the Dave Clark 5 belting out 'Glad All Over' pre kick off and halftime and and the wooden floors being used to good effect stamping out the...and I'm feeling, glad all over Boom! Boom!
I don't think they'd seen or heard anything like it before and it frightened them to death.
Which, imo, directly led to Revie getting his retaliation in first at the battle of goodison.
Their song now

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back