Old Everton Pictures

I don't remember anyone getting on the pitch after Ball scored (but then it is coming up 55 years!). The away section wasn't behind the goal - it was the Thames-side terrace. Completely uncovered. Stand one way and you were looking at the game. Turn round and you had a perfect view of the Thames! Ball scored into the goal to our left.

Should have been with us on the River terrace. Mayhem when Ball scored...
I was so quick over the wall that me mates didn,t know i had gone till they seen me on the halfway line hugging Bally
There was no segregation then so you went into the ground where ever you could and for as cheap as possible ,including climbing over fences and dropping the turnstile fella a dropsie.

Born on this day 90 years ago: Bobby Collins. A leader and a born winner. In spite of his small size, he never backed away from a challenge. Seen here with Johnny Carey c. 1958 -
1613514042158.webp

1953 Dave Hickson scored the winner for Everton in a 2-1 FA Cup win over Man Utd. The Cannonball Kid had been off the pitch for 6 minutes with a badly cut eye. Tommy Eglington got the other in front of a record crowd for an FA Cup game at Goodison. 77,920 crowd we were the underdogs from the old Division 2 - Dave's winning goal -

1613514667430.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back