Old Everton Pictures

Was just a "filler" competition for no euro football,think it included all the teams who finished in euro spots the season before and league/fa cup winners,it was a totally horrific experience.
Didn't it later become the Zenith Data Systems Trophy, or something like that? Or was that some other horror? Then there was the Mercantile Credit Centenary Trophy, which I think we got out of in the 1st round.

Everton V Watford 1984 Sharpy & Stephen celebrate in a 5-4 away win
1613606183817.png

Didn't it later become the Zenith Data Systems Trophy, or something like that? Or was that some other horror? Then there was the Mercantile Credit Centenary Trophy, which I think we got out of in the 1st round.
We were in the final of that Zenith Data thing v Palace in 1991 at Wembley. I got home from the Grand National at midnight on the Saturday and had to get up for the coach to Wembley on the Sunday morning bleary eyed. We got beat 4-1 to add to my headache... that Palace thug Eric Young fouled the hell out of us I recall too. Best part was a pre arranged stop off for a few bevvies in the Cotswolds on the return journey !!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back