Old Everton Pictures

17th October 1953 John Willie Parker scores one of his brace against Swansea during a 2-2 draw - My late father related to me how he scored so many goals, yet on muddy pitches his kit was the cleanest leaving the pitch at the end of a game yet Dave Hickson's would be covered in mud :D

View attachment 120784

....Dave Hickson spoke to me a few times about JWP, said he was fantastic & would’ve played for England if the team wasn’t picked by a committee. Terrific goalscoring ration.

17th October 1953 John Willie Parker scores one of his brace against Swansea during a 2-2 draw - My late father related to me how he scored so many goals, yet on muddy pitches his kit was the cleanest leaving the pitch at the end of a game yet Dave Hickson's would be covered in mud :D

View attachment 120784
Parker must have studied Sir Stan and his ability to keep clean shorts throughout his career and emulated the great master. Simple really just be brilliant and they wont get near you. :D

Goalkeeper looks like Denis Smith who took over after John Farmer went off injured. No goalkeeper subs in those days and Smith probably volunteered as he'd had enough of battling with Big Joe!
Potters legend Denis Smith. Local boy made good. Played anywhere, gave everything he got and broke every bone in his body at least once. A magnificent professional footballer.

Hiya blues. Anyone have that classic black & white photo of an old Dixie Dean wistfully looking at a portrait-painting of his younger self in action? I used to have it as my profile pic, and now can't find it anywhere...not even via googling.

As legendary as Jermaine is, I fancy having that classic picture back as my avatar...it's so layered with beautiful meaning x

Hiya blues. Anyone have that classic black & white photo of an old Dixie Dean wistfully looking at a portrait-painting of his younger self in action? I used to have it as my profile pic, and now can't find it anywhere...not even via googling.

As legendary as Jermaine is, I fancy having that classic picture back as my avatar...it's so layered with beautiful meaning x
Best I could find for your new profile pic -

1615501665443.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back