Old Everton Pictures

Everton 1 West Ham 1 in Dec 1962 at Goodison Park. Jim Standen saves from Roy Vernon - & the GV closing in his strike partner -

1620766369037.webp

28th December 1986 Under pressure from Paul Wilkinson, John O'Neill turns the ball into his own net for Everton's third against Leicester -

View attachment 125327
remember this day well joey me uncle came to visit and he gave me a couple of quid for Christmas .Knocked for me mates no one had any money to go the match so I went on my own bus from Huyton got to Goodson about 5 minutes after kick off and I was I think about 10 pence sort to get I was gutted I was only 11 . The fella on the gate wouldn’t let me off with the 10p anyway walking away from the gwladys st got by the paddock and a old policeman asked what’s the matter so I told him and no word of a lie he gave me a ticket for the upper bullens that someone had given him . The upper bullens them days was a serious treat any we won 5 -1 think and I got a brilliant view of sheedys goal class chip from the edge of the box and I had money for the chippy on the way home .Happy Christmas

Any idea why were in all white at home joe
Cup rules back then, any colour clash and the home team changes. There were still incidences of this in the FA Cup into the 80s...Ipswich?
I think the theory was that the home team likely had spare kits to hand and the away team basically came with what they had, not likely to carry spare kits to cover every eventuality.

Any idea why were in all white at home joe
It was unknown to all the fans any cup game we wore an all white kit away or at home if it suited indeed our 1966 triumphant cup run our FA Cup games at home were played in that white kit plus some away games in the cup if the was a colour clash - yet in the final of 1966 we won the toss to play in blue as our colours clashed with Sheffield Wednesday..... mad or what Everton That.....LOL

Cup rules back then, any colour clash and the home team changes. There were still incidences of this in the FA Cup into the 80s...Ipswich?
I think the theory was that the home team likely had spare kits to hand and the away team basically came with what they had, not likely to carry spare kits to cover every eventuality.
No it was our choice it was the start of playing cup games if possible in white right up to 1966.....

On this day in 1963: job done. Champions. Thanks, Royston Thomas Vernon and the lads that day with a hat trick by Roy v Fulham in a 4-1 win -
{notice the back of the paddock Bullen's roadside standing at the back - My older brother stated best spec in Goodison in those days before seats were fitted under the Grandstand -

View attachment 126893
Brilliant. Haven't seen a photo from this angle before of his second goal of the game.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back