Old Everton Pictures

Known as Wally this player with the Cannonball Kid Dave Hickson fired us to promotion with a haul of goals to promote us back to the big time - 1954 -
1626432919956.png

1626433175804.png

Last edited:
As I recall, the standing was at the front (obvs) of the Lower Bullens seating. I remember thinking that the seating looked very old (and that was in the mid 60's! It wasn't very deep standing - just a few rows - but obvs, the length of the pitch. View, not so good. Audio, great. Bally squeaking at Kendall, Labone and anyone else who wasn't playing as he wanted them to! lol
My brother reckons the upper Bullens above the paddock got seated mid 1960's ? until then standing only ?

My brother reckons the upper Bullens above the paddock got seated mid 1960's ? until then standing only ?

Dunno. Looked antique to me! Only went in there a handful of times. Before that, I was in Goodison Road and after, Street End.

Might have had seats put in for the World Cup, I guess, but my memory is too hazy.

Dunno. Looked antique to me! Only went in there a handful of times. Before that, I was in Goodison Road and after, Street End.

Might have had seats put in for the World Cup, I guess, but my memory is too hazy.
When I went on the ground tour the lower Bullins stand behind the old paddock had a cinema look to them - My older brother states it was standing before the lower stand was built as he stated it was great as if it was raining it was great cover with a great view it was deffo like that in the early 1960s he remembers he is 7 years older than me so I never witnessed it tbh ......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.