Old Everton Pictures

1891 Anfield. Everton football ground, from the Breckfield rd - the old ltletics track ownd by John holdingh was buit by fans plus players - he made a fortune in his pubs' food sales etc - then hiked the rent up thrice, as crowds increased - - hence our move to a disused Mere Market Garden on Goodison Road - we spawned the devil club ...... to build a state-of-the-art stadia - The Grand old Lady -

1627740680231.webp

What a great night, I was a 10 year old sat in the Upper Bullens with my Dad!

…I was 14 sitting in Upper Gwladys front row (seat A80). After the game I went Everton Supporters Club on City Road, my Mum was on the Committee and it was watering hole for my family. Alan Ball snr came in with his sons winners medal & let me hold it. Great memory of a great day.

I met Alan Ball on the lawns of Newmarket races many years later & it’s a regret I never told him that story as I know he worshipped his Dad.

…I was 14 sitting in Upper Gwladys front row (seat A80). After the game I went Everton Supporters Club on City Road, my Mum was on the Committee and it was watering hole for my family. Alan Ball snr came in with his sons winners medal & let me hold it. Great memory of a great day.

I met Alan Ball on the lawns of Newmarket many years later & it’s a regret I never told him that story as I know he worshipped his Dad.
Ha ha what a great memory, we used to walk past the Supporters Club on the way back to the car! My Dad parked in one of the side streets the far end of City Road!

I was 16 and also with my dad in the park end stand.
He was bouncing round the stand wearing a russian hat leading the singing .God knows where the hat came from as he wasn't wearing it when we went in

…I recall the Old Lady had a haze or mist about it as it often did when packed under the floodlights. We forget Harvey (and Kendall) rarely scored, which Is worth noting when folk mention current CMs not scoring.

Special night.

I met Alan Ball on the lawns of Newmarket races many years later & it’s a regret I never told him that story as I know he worshipped his Dad.
I was 16 years old 5th year at School volunteered to stay on an extra year..... only the 2nd time offered in its day not compulsory - an honour to see that team -

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back