Old Everton Pictures

1631889935990.png

Has adulation for a player reached those levels since?
Oh yes in the 1980s successful team Sharpy record scorer post war for us, plus the great players who won those trophies - Bob should have won trophies, so close he & Kingy were brilliant upfront - Lawson in goal ?was the weakest link - if we had signed Shelton for less money who knows -
Bob was a natural goal scorer the Dave Thomas combination was a joy to watch - Dobbo Lyons etc we should have won something with that team in the 1970s .....

Oh yes in the 1980s successful team Sharpy record scorer post war for us, plus the great players who won those trophies - Bob should have won trophies, so close he & Kingy were brilliant upfront - Lawson in goal ?was the weakest link - if we had signed Shelton for less money who knows -
Bob was a natural goal scorer the Dave Thomas combination was a joy to watch - Dobbo Lyons etc we should have won something with that team in the 1970s .....
You think so Joe?
I don't think sharpe got the love he deserved.
I recall shouts of lead boots many a time.
Just my opinion but Bob was the greatest.
Although when he left it felt the time was right,but toshack got Bob to loose a few pounds and he done well at Swansea.

You think so Joe?
I don't think sharpe got the love he deserved.
I recall shouts of lead boots many a time.
Just my opinion but Bob was the greatest.
Although when he left it felt the time was right,but toshack got Bob to loose a few pounds and he done well at Swansea.
I know this should probably be on the Everton videos page,but I've always loved this moment when he came back with Swansea and scored in front of the street end and the respect between big Bob and the fans(approx 11 mins into the video). Strange to see him wearing a number 11 shirt though!