Old Everton Pictures

paul-holmes.jpg

A monstrous carbuncle in comparison to the beautiful construction that preceded it IMHO.
I posted this on another thread yesterday mate,this was a programme from October 1970 the first season of the new Main Stand,seems the official view was it was too quiet!!

Thanks mate, interesting to read the attachment too. We kind of lost some atmosphere with the introduction of extra seats I guess. These days on occasions the atmosphere can be fantastic but not having experienced a visit pre 1970s i can only imagine what a packed Goodison Park may have been like on match days with over 60,000 regularly attending. Must have been quite a special atmosphere there back then.

Thanks mate, interesting to read the attachment too. We kind of lost some atmosphere with the introduction of extra seats I guess. These days on occasions the atmosphere can be fantastic but not having experienced a visit pre 1970s i can only imagine what a packed Goodison Park may have been like on match days with over 60,000 regularly attending. Must have been quite a special atmosphere there back then.
I started going regular in the early 1970's and though the "Glory Days"had gone there was far more chanting and getting behind the side IMHO.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back