Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

1650979403470.webp

Yeah...one of those sides you could still rattle off now bit like the Chelsea side of the 70s talented and strong. Cooper, Lorimer, Gray then Osgood, Hudson, Hutchinson etc. We were more than a match for both of them then too... Happy days.
You forgot Ron Harris - with Tommy Smith one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen. After the 69-70 win we fell apart, and had no real enforcer until Reid arrived

Excellent action shot of Gordon the great.

Looks like Keith Weller he's keeping at arm's length. A legend at a few clubs. Millwall, Leicester and then in the North American League. I remember watching him turn out for the Lions at Bloomfield road a few times in the late 60s. Looked like a player going places to me. Chelsea was his first big money move in fact.

1st May 1926, Sam Chedgzoy played (& scored) in his last game for us, a 2-0 win v. Bolton. The longest-ever EFC outfield playing career (15 years, 126 days) - he made the corner a direct kick as he deliberately with the knowledge of Dixie Dean dribbled the ball from a corner directly to score - the rule took the FA to change it that weekend that it had to be direct to another player -

1651054664908.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back