Old Everton Pictures

Peter Reid avoids a flare thrown from the crowd during The Cup Winners Cup Final at the De Kuip Stadium Rotterdam 15th May 1985 -

1651838751829.png

What a great replacement for Labby he really was - For @TangerineToffee - a Blackpool lad -

View attachment 164540
Had a good career down at Everton. Close to winning medals and trophys but not quite getting his hands on them. Got one eventually over in the North American League with his mate Bally. It was marvellous to see him get a 1970 League winners medal retrospectively a year or so back.

We got beat 1-0 then we signed Bally a few weeks later we won 3-1 he scored the first two - he was a thorn in their sides - so let's sell him in 1971 - doh -

View attachment 164587
I was going to get in a van i worked for British Gas and i was on North Sea gas conversation .I heard on the radio the news we had sold Allen Ball it was a long walk to my pick up but it was like hearing about a death in the family he was that inportant.

I enjoyed your reply, thank you.

Thanks for that Brian, by the way have you got reports on loads of Everton’s games.

I downloaded a number of reports during lockdown when I subscribed to an old newspaper site. My main interest is still collecting photos of goals scored by the Blues. I used to post those on Pinterest but stopped following a complaint over some photos. Now I just keep them on my computer,