Old Everton Pictures

Wow. If that was Ronnie Goodlass that came on he would have been only 16 then. Also, it seems like Colin Harvey scored 4.
No he was replaced by Smith no 4 - those games seen many stars break into the first team - Labone in the reserves in 1959 marked a certain Dave Hickson out of the game, gentleman Dave raved about him .... - pity the under 23s took on our first team pre season still ;)

No he was replaced by Smith no 4 - those games seen many stars break into the first team - Labone in the reserves in 1959 marked a certain Dave Hickson out of the game, gentleman Dave raved about him .... - pity the under 23s took on our first team pre season still ;)
Dunno.. it looks to me like the 1st team won 7-1 (Harvey 4, Whittle 2 and Smith 1 - Sandy Brown scoring the consolation for the reserves). I could be wrong though.

Dunno.. it looks to me like the 1st team won 7-1 (Harvey 4, Whittle 2 and Smith 1 - Sandy Brown scoring the consolation for the reserves). I could be wrong though.
20220512_135148.jpg

I don't remember that magazine. I regularly bought Goal and Shoot!
I don't remember that magazine. I regularly bought Goal and Shoot!
Came out in the late 1950s. I think. Don’t remember it as well. Always bought goal. And sometimes the shoot magazine. But a few years back I came across a bundle of soccer star magazines in a jumble sale. I snapped them up. Actually give the seller a few bob extra , as I knew he was selling them cheap. Great looking through all these old magazines. Always buy items in good condition. Not really interested if they are shabby.
Some great features in soccer star. Apart from covering the Everton teams of the 1960s. They always had very good features on Irish league football. Goal wasn’t bad. But Shoot fairly rarely covered the Irish league.
Just one last comment…….soccer star magazines are on eBay for around £25 a pop. They are not worth that. They usually sell for their proper price of £2-£3 . Good magazine though. Even though I only stumbled upon them late.