Old Everton Pictures

CooqnyyXYAACyYn.jpg

...and who's is the rogue foot in plaster poking out on the left side of that picture? I suspect that's one that nobody will be able to identify.

Those floodlights.
It's all about them. The first thing you saw coming over the brow on the 544.
Got the heartbeat racking ever faster.
Yeah its a pity nowhere has them anymore,though those type of lights caused a few missed kick offs with"oh look its only down the road lets have a couple of pints first"

Yeah its a pity nowhere has them anymore,though those type of lights caused a few missed kick offs with"oh look its only down the road lets have a couple of pints first"
A great identifying icon for an away ground was when travelling away too - no GPS in those days!
Although my brother's mate going to Crystal palace did take him to the Dog track near by, White city stadium?and old Trafford when we were playing city away!

Were 2-0 up to Carlisle at half time too in the home game....their only away win I think or at least their first in the top flight having been most teams' whipping boys until they played us!!!
And lost away to Luton who were also relegated having scored first iirc. AND lost second to last game of season to Sheffield UTd 3-2 having led 2-0 at half time.

They won at Chelsea early doors and possibly others as well.

They won at Chelsea early doors and possibly others as well.
Won first three of which first 2 were Chelsea then Boro both away and were actually top for a few days!! I looked it up!! Then the rot set in.next away win was 23rd game was against us at Goodison and they were looking out of it with only 6 wins by then including those first three. We should have murdered them at Goodison, never turned up in the away game, 3-0.

Won first three of which first 2 were Chelsea then Boro both away and were actually top for a few days!! I looked it up!! Then the rot set in.next away win was 23rd game was against us at Goodison and they were looking out of it with only 6 wins by then including those first three. We should have murdered them at Goodison, never turned up in the away game, 3-0.

I know - I remember counting the sheep in the fields behind Brunton Park.

A great identifying icon for an away ground was when travelling away too - no GPS in those days!
Although my brother's mate going to Crystal palace did take him to the Dog track near by, White city stadium?and old Trafford when we were playing city away!
Ha ha,I once ended up at Leicester rugby club instead of filbert street and wondered where the crowd was!!doh!!

Ha ha,I once ended up at Leicester rugby club instead of filbert street and wondered where the crowd was!!doh!!
That's nothing Dario the visit to Maine road ending up at old Trafford was more embarrassing as we parked up in easily what we wondered was a small crowd , and easy parking we entered the turnstlye talking about what team would be playing etc when the turnstlye guy laughed and informed us it was a UNT reserve game it was night time we just made it to Maine rd won 2-0 our first away win in an age a certain David Lawson was in goal!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back