Old Everton Pictures

1667995706454.webp

Poor Fred Pickering on the 1966 celebrations - for @TangerineToffee -

View attachment 190127
That is a truly shocking photo of the great man. Not seen this one before but there are others about where the personal disappointment he was feeling was palpable. Should have stayed off the pitch as he was so emotional about missing out.

Still his greatest moment was to come on a night in Preston in 1970. I hope it helped to heal what happened to him on what was a glorious day for the Toffees.

That is a truly shocking photo of the great man. Not seen this one before but there are others about where the personal disappointment he was feeling was palpable. Should have stayed off the pitch as he was so emotional about missing out.

Still his greatest moment was to come on a night in Preston in 1970. I hope it helped to heal what happened to him on what was a glorious day for the Toffees.

….there’s often a sad story from Cup Finals, made worst in those days because there were no substitutes. Catterick must’ve had a ‘hunch’ to go with Trebilcock & he can say he got it right but we’ll never know if we’d have still won with Pickering.

i was fortunate enough to see him plenty & those of us who did know how good he was. His goalscoring record stands comparison with the very best.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back