Old Everton Pictures

1995 homecoming.

CuG-OWUWgAAwVvh.jpg

....that might be Geoff Nulty playing for Newcastle, his career cut short following a 'tackle' by Jimmy Case in the Derby.
Allowing for the, ahem, trademark tackle that gobshite Case perpetrated on a constant basis, the one on Geoff Nulty was straight out of the manual of a mobile abattoir attendant.
I was in the main stand for that particular game and was requested to leave when anger got the better of me when I decided to voice my displeasure. A lot. Loudly. Not proud of it, but it reinforced my belief the LGS was really the place for me.
But confirm, or correct me, was Case even booked? Such was my angst, I have no recollection.

Allowing for the, ahem, trademark tackle that gobshite Case perpetrated on a constant basis, the one on Geoff Nulty was straight out of the manual of a mobile abattoir attendant.
I was in the main stand for that particular game and was requested to leave when anger got the better of me when I decided to voice my displeasure. A lot. Loudly. Not proud of it, but it reinforced my belief the LGS was really the place for me.
But confirm, or correct me, was Case even booked? Such was my angst, I have no recollection.

...not sure of the consequence but I clearly remember the tackle and it was bad. Coincidentally, I was an ex-team mate of Jimmy Case, he was a tough lad but that was very naughty. If I'm right, it was career ending.

...not sure of the consequence but I clearly remember the tackle and it was bad. Coincidentally, I was an ex-team mate of Jimmy Case, he was a tough lad but that was very naughty. If I'm right, it was career ending.

Case played some games for Sittingbourne FC at the end of his career, playing in the Kent League and no doubt on a decent wedge as the club at the time had huge delusions of grandeur (didn't last long).

Case played some games for Sittingbourne FC at the end of his career, playing in the Kent League and no doubt on a decent wedge as the club at the time had huge delusions of grandeur (didn't last long).

....he came to the pro ranks quite late, playing locally for Blue Union and South Liverpool. He was the best striker of a football I have ever seen, amazing power generated because his frame hung over the ball in quite a distinctive style.

Case played for Sittingbourne? Did you miss the 'H' out which should be placed between the 'S' and the 'I'.
Not the area, I hasten to add, but more in relation to that horrible shithouse playing for them. A bit of a cheap joke I know, but I felt I had to.
I visited the area on many an occasion as it seemed a logical step from Wrotham. Then again, maybe not.

Case played for Sittingbourne? Did you miss the 'H' out which should be placed between the 'S' and the 'I'.
Not the area, I hasten to add, but more in relation to that horrible shithouse playing for them. A bit of a cheap joke I know, but I felt I had to.
I visited the area on many an occasion as it seemed a logical step from Wrotham. Then again, maybe not.

Brought up and schooled in Sittingbourne!! Moved away to Faversham thank god but now drive back each day to work on the edge of the place. Not the Garden of England's most appealling location!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back